Born Audrey Kathleen Ruston in Ixelles, Brussels, on the 4th of May 1929, Audrey Hepburn passed on from cancer on January 20, 1993, but not without leaving her footprints on the sands of time. The British lady, who was an actress and humanitarian, made such an impact in the film and fashion industry that she became a representative symbol of both industries. Consequently, she earned the third spot on the American Film Institute’s list of greatest female screen legend in Golden Age Hollywood and was admitted into the International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame. In case you have never heard about her or seen any of her movies, here are 75 inspirational Audrey Hepburn quotes that will motivate you.
75 Inspirational Audrey Hepburn Quotes To Motivate You
1. My life isn’t theories and formulas. It’s part instinct, part common sense. Logic is as good a word as any, and I’ve absorbed what logic I have from everything and everyone… from my mother, from training as a ballet dancer, from Vogue magazine, from the laws of life and health and nature.
2. The most important thing is to enjoy your life.
3. I don’t want to be alone, I want to be left alone.
4. I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.
5. There is one difference between a long life & a great dinner; in the dinner, the sweet things come last.
6. Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn’t help if you’re ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up.
7. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.
8. There must be something wrong with those people who think Audrey Hepburn doesn’t perspire, hiccup, or sneeze, because they know that’s not true. In fact, I hiccup more than most.
9. I may not always be offered work but I’ll always have my family
10. True friends are families which you can select.
11. Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible!
12. There is a shade of red for every woman.
13. Why change? Everyone has his own style. When you have found it, you should stick to it.
14. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
15. For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others. For beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness. And for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
16. Happy girls are the prettiest girls.
17. Pick the day. Enjoy it – to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come… The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present – and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.
18. Not to live for the day, that would be materialistic — but to treasure the day. I realize that most of us live on the skin — on the surface — without appreciating just how wonderful it is simply to be alive at all.
19. My own life has been much more than a fairy tale. I’ve had my share of difficult moments, but whatever difficulties I’ve gone through, I’ve always gotten the prize at the end.
20. Whatever a man might do, whatever misery or heartache your children might give you – and they give you a lot – however much your parents irritate you – it doesn’t matter because you love them.
21. I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.
22. Forgive Quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile.
23. It’s that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so ‘don’t fuss, dear; get on with it.
24. I heard a definition once: Happiness is health and a short memory! I wish I’d invented it, because it is very true.
25. Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you’re exactly the same.
26. I tried always to do better: saw always a little further. I tried to stretch myself.
27. If I’m honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all.
28. When the chips are down, you are alone, and loneliness can be terrifying. Fortunately, I’ve always had a chum I could call. And I love to be alone. It doesn’t bother me one bit. I’m my own company.
29. It is too much to hope that I shall keep my success. I don’t ask for that. All I shall do is my best– and hope.
30. I probably hold the distinction of being one movie star who, by all laws of logic, should never have made it. At each stage of my career, I lacked the experience.
31. Remember, if you need a hand you’ll find it at the end of your arm.
32. The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.
33. Good things aren’t supposed to just fall into your lap. God is very generous, but He expects you to do your part first.
34. I don’t take my life seriously, but I do take what I do – in my life – seriously.
35. If my world were to cave in tomorrow, I would look back on all the pleasures, excitements and worthwhile-nesses I have been lucky enough to have had. Not the sadness, not my miscarriages or my father leaving home, but the joy of everything else. It will have been enough.
36. For me, the only things of interest are those linked to the heart.
37. You can always tell what kind of a person a man really thinks you are by the earrings he gives you.
38. Life is a party, dress like it!
39. They say love is the best investment; the more you give, the more you get in return.
40. Water is life and clean water means health.
41. Your heart just breaks, that’s all. But you can’t judge or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you.
42. I’ve been lucky. Opportunities don’t often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.
43. We all want to be loved, don’t we? Everyone looks for a way of finding love. It’s a constant search for affection in every walk of life.
44. A quality education has the power to transform societies in a single generation, provide children with the protection they need from the hazards of poverty, labor exploitation and disease, and given them the knowledge, skills, and confidence to reach their full potential.
45. There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don’t need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.
46. A woman can be beautiful as well as intellectual.
47. Everything I learned I learned from the movies.
48. My greatest ambition is to have a career without becoming a career woman.
49. When you have found it, you should stick to it.
50. Look, whenever I hear or read I’m beautiful, I simply don’t understand it … I’m certainly not beautiful in any conventional way. I didn’t make my career on beauty.
51. Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering – because you can’t take it in all at once.
52. Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.
53. And…I think that’s what life is all about, actually, about children and flowers.
54. I have learnt how to live…how to be in the world and of the world, and not just to stand aside and watch.
55. You have to look at yourself objectively. Analyze yourself like an instrument. You have to be absolutely frank with yourself. Face your handicaps, don’t try to hide them. Instead, develop something else.
56. I was asked to act when I couldn’t act. I was asked to sing ‘Funny Face’ when I couldn’t sing, and dance with Fred Astaire when I couldn’t dance – and do all kinds of things I wasn’t prepared for. Then I tried like mad to cope with it.
57. Anyone who does not believe in miracles is not a realist.
58. The greatest victory has been to be able to live with myself, to accept my shortcomings… I’m a long way from the human being I’d like to be. But I’ve decided I’m not so bad after all.
59. Giving is living. If you stop wanting to give, there’s nothing more to live for
60. There are more important things than outward appearance. No amount of makeup can cover an ugly personality.
61. I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.
62. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a Woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.
63. You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.
64. Since the world has existed, there has been injustice. But it is one world, the more so as it becomes smaller, more accessible. There is just no question that there is more obligation that those who have should give to those who have nothing.
65. The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.
66. To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
67. You can even say that I hated myself at certain periods. I was too fat, or maybe too tall, or maybe just plain too ugly … you can say my definiteness stems from underlying feelings of insecurity and inferiority. I couldn’t conquer these feelings by acting indecisive. I found the only way to get the better of them was by adopting a forceful, concentrated drive.
68. I believe, every day, you should have at least one exquisite moment.
69. If I get married, I want to be very married.
70. Dress like you are already famous.
71. For my whole life, my favorite activity was reading. It’s not the most social pastime.
72. As you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.
73. When you have nobody you can make a cup of tea for, when nobody needs you, that’s when I think life is over.
74. I never think of myself as an icon. What is in other people’s minds is not in my mind. I just do my thing.
75. I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.
Also Read: Top 10 Richest People in the world with full biography and details.