Allison Munn is an American actress known for her role on Fox’s critically acclaimed hit show, That 70’s Show, where she played Caroline Dupree – a girlfriend of one of the lead characters who is very paranoid and jealous, frequently making threats to his female friends out of unsubstantiated fear that they would steal him from her. The character often resorted to insane theatrics just to ensure her boyfriend is being faithful.
She is also known for her role as Tina Haven on What I Like About You, a sitcom on The WB which follows the ups and downs in the lives of two sisters – Valerie and Holly, played by Jennie Garth and Amanda Bynes respectively.
Allison also appeared as Lauren on One Tree Hill; but she is perhaps best known for her role on Nickelodeon’s Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, and Dawn where she played the mother of the titular characters.
Allison is also highly involved with ‘Rock The Vote’, a non-profit organization that actively encourages people to register to vote as part of the democratic system.
Allison Munn Bio & Age
Allison Munn was born on the 7th of October 1974 to Nadine and Russell Munn in Columbia, South Carolina. She attended the AC Flora High School in Forest Acres, South Carolina. Other notable alumni from the school include Kristin Davis (from Sex and The City) and Scott Holroyd.
She later attended The College Of Charleston before relocating to New York. While in New York, she appeared in the classic off-Broadway show, The Fantasticks.
Allison continued going on auditions and was able to land bit roles in feature films including a part in 2002’s White Oleander which also starred Robin Wright-Penn, Michelle Pfeiffer, Renee Zellweger, and Alison Lohman. She also appeared in 2005’s Elizabethtown, a romantic tragicomedy that starred Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom.
Her big break came when she landed a main role on The WB sitcom, What I Like About You. Allison remained on the show until it ended on the 24th of April 2006.
The actress also had a recurring role on That 70’s Show as the girlfriend of one of the lead characters, Fez, who was played by Wilmer Valderrama. She later joined the cast of Carpoolers, a short-lived comedy on ABC and later had a recurring role on One Tree Hill.
In 2014, Allison Munn was cast as Anne Harper on Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn.
Family: Husband & Children
In 2004, Allison began dating Scott Holroyd – a fellow actor and childhood friend. The two became engaged in December 2006 while in Paris and they got married almost a year later on the 17th of November, 2007 in Charleston, South Carolina.
The couple has two children together – a son, Nathan, who was born in 2011; and a daughter, Nora, who was born in 2015. The family currently lives in Los Angeles and they have a pet terrier named Buster Keaton.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
Like most celebrities in Hollywood, the actress has to stay in shape. She weighs 51 kg which is perfect for her height – 5 ft 3 in. She maintains her figure by exercising regularly and watching what she eats, primarily eating proteins and vegetables.
Being a mother of two, running after her children can be a workout in itself.
Other Interesting Facts
1. On What I Like About You, she played Amanda Bynes’ character’s best friend. Her character, Tina Haven, was the same age as Amanda’s Holly, but in reality, Allison is eleven years older than Amanda
2. The actress currently has a whopping net worth of $2 Million as a result of her multiple film and television roles. Considering she has been acting since 1999, we can say its an amount well deserved.
3. She is known for her fun-loving personality. She is also a fan of adventures and spending time with her family.
4. Allison Munn graduated from The College Of Charleston. Other notable alumni include Erick Avari, Matt Czuchry, Jennifer Ferrin, Thomas Gibson, and Orlando Jones.
5. Being born on the 7th of October makes her a Libra. She shares her birthday with several celebrities including Simon Cowell, Toni Braxton, Kira Kosarin, John Mellencamp, Joy Behar, Holland Roden, Alesha Dixon, Amber Stevens West, Nicole Ari Parker, Jake McLaughlin, and even Desmond Tutu and Vladimir Putin.