Amara La Negra is a singer, dancer, actor, reality TV star, and all-around entertainer. As a child star, the Afro-Latina born got an early start when she featured regularly on the long-running Spanish-language TV program Sábado Gigante. Her music career also dates back to her teenage years, however, she got a major boost in early 2018 when she appeared in season 1 of the hit reality TV show Love & Hip Hop: Miami.
Amara La Negra Bio (Age)
Amara La Negra was born Dana Danelys De Los Santos on October 4, 1990, in Allapattah, Miami. She was raised by her mother as an only child. An early bloomer, she got enrolled in dance, modeling, and acting classes. Amara was very active while growing up as she got to participate in several children’s pageants and singing competitions.
From age four, the talented youngster became known among Spanish TV audiences when she landed a regular spot on the Univision variety TV program Sábado Gigante. She first participated in the singing competition segment after which she joined the children’s music group of the show. Amara later joined the Univision dance troupe and she equally got to perform as a background dancer for major artists. Among her early musical influences are Willy Chirino, Olga Tañón and the late Celia Cruz.
Amara La Negra delved fully into several aspects of showbiz right from her teenage years and by the early 2010s, she achieved a fair amount of success, especially in the Urban Latin Music Industry. Most notable among her earlier releases are “Asi,” “Se Que Soy” and the 2013 hit “Ayy”. She also got to work with major artists such as Trina, Kent Jones, as well as Mr. Vegas.
In the summer of 2017, Amara La Negra was cast in the first season of the hit reality TV show Love & Hip Hop: Miami, which marked a turning point in her career. Armed with an exotic look, a larger-than-life personality, and a ton of self-confidence, the Afro-Latino bombshell easily became the breakout star of the show after it premiered on January 1, 2018. Soon after her highly-celebrated debut, she landed a multimillion-dollar multi-album recording contract with music company BMG and Fast Life Entertainment Worldwide. She equally got signed to global entertainment and literary agent United Talent Agency in February 2018.
Following her success on Love & Hip Hop: Miami, Amara La Negra quickly went to work on her debut album and on March 19, 2018, she released her first official single “Insecure”.
Her Parents and Boyfriend
Amara La Negra was born in the US to Afro-Hispanic parents of Dominican origin. In search of better opportunities, her mother Ana Maria Oleaga immigrated to the US from the Dominican Republic before she was born. Apparently, her father was absent during her upbringing as there is very little information about him. Her mother works as a cook in Miami and she appeared alongside her daughter on the reality show Love & Hip Hop: Miami as a supporting cast member.
In terms of relationships, it may be safe to assume that Amara La Negra is single at the moment. In the course of the reality show Love & Hip Hop: Miami, the multitalented diva revealed that she had no boyfriend and thus, her career and her mother were the major focus of her storyline.
Height and Other Facts
1. Amara La Negra is 5 feet 6 inches (168 cm) in height and she maintains a bodyweight of 64 kg (141 lb).
2. Her most notable physical features are her porcelain black skin, her signature afro, and her hourglass figure. She has a bust size of 35 inches (89 cm) and her waist and hip measurements are 28 inches (71 cm) and 45 inches (114 cm) respectively.
3. A diva of diverse talents, Amara La Negra is also a certified Zumba instructor. According to her, she originally joined the exercise fitness program in order to get her weight in check after hitting an astonishing 230 lb on the scale.
4. In addition to her flourishing showbiz career, Amara La Negra is also a fashion entrepreneur. She launched her own brand of sportswear and swim gear the ALN Clothing Line in April 2017.
5. In February 2018, Amara La Negra released a cover version of the iconic dancehall track “Bam Bam”.