If you have ever taken an interest in the web series titled The Guild, then you would be familiar with the Tinkerbelle character portrayed by the renowned Japanese American actress Amy Kei Okuda popularly known by fans as Amy Okuda.
The coffee-loving actress started her career in 2007 and since then, she has managed to write her name on the fabric of success in the entertainment industry.
Amy Okuda Biography (Age)
The renowned actress Amy Okuda was born Amy Kei Okuda on the 6th day of March 1989 in Torrance, California, United States. Amy is of Asian American ethnicity, she got her Japanese heritage from her mother. The actress practices the Christian religion, her star sign is Pisces and she is fluent in both English and Japanese language.
Although Amy has never given a comprehensive account of the identity of her parents, she always posts her mom’s pictures online. She has a sister named Lisa Okuda who works at Disney.
From age five, Amy was fond of playing basketball game but when she was in grade seven, she developed an interest in dancing and acting. Her university education was accomplished at the University of California.
Amy’s television show debut was in Californication. She made her first appearance on the big screen with the Movie titled Chasity Bites in 2013. However, she is best known for playing Tinkerbelle in the web series – The Guild – which premiered on the 27th of July 2007 on YouTube and ran for almost 10 years. More to that, Amy has made appearances in NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope educational videos and several commercials for different brands like Shoe Carnival, Bacon Lover, Verizon, and Apple.
Fans have always been curious about Amy Okuda’s family background, but the actress is yet to give a detailed information about who her parents are; all she does is to share pictures of her mom on social media platforms. Recently, she uploaded a picture of her mother on her 60th birthday.
Amy has a sister named Lisa Okuda, she refers to her as her favorite person. Lisa is married and as such, also goes by the name Lisa Aihara; she works at Disney. The actress has a pet dog named Lola. To her, Lola is her best friend and part of her family.
As at the time of this report, Amy is engaged to her heartthrob Mitchell Hashimoto who was also her high school mate. Their love blossomed when they embarked on a work trip to Europe. Mitchell proposed to Amy in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The lovebirds announced their engagement on Instagram with the Eiffel Tower in the background of their picture. Amy’s fiancée is the founder of HashiCorp which is into making leading software for different companies.
Amy Okuda’s Height
The celebrated actress has the coveted hourglass figure. She stands at a height of 1.58 m (5 feet 2 inches) with a corresponding weight of 55kg (121 lb) to go with it. She has wavy black hair which she wears long, and her eyes color is black.
Other Interesting Facts About Amy
1. Amy picked interest in sports in her formative years and was active in the game of basketball from age 5 till 14. As a child, she had always dreamt of funding her education through a basketball scholarship.
2. The Asian-American actress was known as a tomboy in her childhood, according to her, she was hyperactive and overconfident.
3. Another area of interest to the budding actress was dancing. At age 13, she took dance classes but in the junior year of high school, she picked interest in acting which she later favored over dancing because according to her, acting paid more.
4. She has made appearances in commercials for several brands like Bacon Lover, Suntory (soft-drink), Shoe Carnival, Apple, AT&T, and Verizon.
5. Amy was part of the NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope educational video.
6. The star Enrique Iglesias featured her in the music video Tonight (I’m Lovin’ You).
7. She is the host of ISA Weekly Rewind on the net.
8. Her favorite drink is simply coffee which made her boyfriend to get her a coffee-making machine as a birthday gift.
9. The actress is considered a very creative person with a fascinating imagination. During her days in preschool, she would leave her classroom to talk to plants and flowers.
10. She also loves pets, Amy has two pet dogs one of which is called Lola.
11. She considers Lisa her sister as her favorite person and her dog Lola her best friend.