A lot has been said about the romantic relationship between music duo Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani. Together, the beautiful romantic partners are making so many waves and drawing attention not just in their respective careers but to their relationship as well. Many fans of the pair wonder why they have not taken their relationship to the next level to exchange marital vows. Speculations are rife but here, let’s take a look at the differences in their ages and compare their sources of wealth to know who makes more money and if it has anything to do with why they are yet to tie the marital knot.
Blake Shelton or Gwen Stefani: Who Is Older
We are used to seeing relationships where the men are usually older than the ladies but some relationships are unique and in such relationships, age doesn’t count, instead what really matters is respect, love, trust, and understanding. Gwen and Blake fall under the latter relationship category where age is not a real concern. With Gwen being 6 years, 8 months, and 15 days older than Blake having been born on October 3, 1969, the country singer and TV personality Shelton was born on the 18th of June 1976.
Not only is Gwen older than Blake in age, but she is also older when it comes to years spent in the music industry. Gwen officially began her singing career in the mid-80s, after providing vocals for her brother’s band. However, she worked with her brother’s band, No Doubt, until her debut single, “Love. Angel. Music. Baby” was released on November 12, 2004. Blake, on the other hand, began his career in 2001 after signing to Giant Records and his debut single “Austin” was released in April 2001. It is, therefore, safe to say that Gwen is over a decade older than Blake in the music industry but that notwithstanding, the couple enjoys and respect each other.
Who Is Richer – Blake or Gwen?
The primary source of income of the couple is their respective music careers. But aside from their primary means of earning, the duo has other means by which they earn their pay.
Blake who has been a coach of the American version of the singing competition TV show The Voice, from its debut season up to its upcoming season, is believed to take home $13 million from the show at the end of each season. His earnings on the reality singing competition make him the highest-paid coach on the TV show.
Gwen, on the other hand, is set to return as a full-time coach on the upcoming season of The Voice and will feud up with her boyfriend on the TV show following Adam Levine dropping out. Gwen had previously starred on the TV show’s 7th, 9th, and 12th season as a full-time coach and in the 8th and 10th season as a part-time advisor. During her previous spell on the show, she was reported to have earned about $10 million per season and she is also expected to earn about the same figure when she resumes on the show’s 17th season beginning on September 23, 2019.
On the aspect of net worth, Gwen clearly has the upper hand. According to reports, the pop star’s net worth is almost double what her lover is worth. Gwen is worth $100 million while Blake is worth an estimated $60 million.
Other Facts You Should Know About Blake Shelton or Gwen Stefani
1. Gwen Stefani is known widely as a singer but she is a rare gem with so many other talents. Asides from being blessed with unique vocals, Gwen is also an actress, songwriter, fashion designer, record producer, and TV star.
2. Her full name is Helen Renée Stefani and she was born in Fullerton, California, to Patti Flynn and Dennis Stefani. She has three siblings namely: Eric Stefani, Jill Stefani, and Todd Stefani.
3. Gwen’s love for music was largely influenced by her parents’ love for folk music and it made her come across songs from the likes of Emmylou Harris and Bob Dylan.
4. She is a member of the American ska punk rock band called “No Doubt”. Her brother Eric is the founder of the band and he recruited his little sister to serve as the band’s backup singer. Gwen soon made her way up to become the band’s lead vocalist.
5. Blake Shelton, on the other hand, is a super talented musician and TV personality, best known for his county style of music. He has a very good vocal and can also play the guitar perfectly.
6. Blake was born to Richard and Dorothy Shelton in Ada, Oklahoma and he has two siblings, Richie, and Endy Shelton.
7. Just like Gwen, Blake started singing at a very young age. Seeing that Blake had an interest in music, his uncle gave him guitar lessons. By the time he was a teenager, he had already written his first song and soon he became a recipient of awards.
8. After graduating from Ada High School, he left home and moved to Nashville in pursuit of a music career, and the rest, as they say, is history.