Cory Wharton is a reality television personality who was into physical fitness before hitting the screen for reality shows such as The Real World, The Challenge, and Ex on The Beach. Popularly known for his good looks and rocky relationship with women, Wharton has been in the news since he broke out for completing other projects in the show business, including playing host for TMI Hollywood, as well as making presentations at the Reality Television Awards.
In this article, you will learn more about the American hottie, his age, family, and other interesting facts you probably didn’t know about him.
Cory Wharton Biography (Age)
Cory Wharton made his first television appearance on MTV’s The Real World in the year 2014. Since then, the hunk has been gracing TV screens. He is a native of Grand Rapids, Michigan, in the United States. He was born on the 5th day of March 1991 to American parents whose identities are missing in the picture.
Regardless of his popularity, there is little to no information about Cory’s family background, members, and childhood. However, reports have it that the television personality had his high school education at Christian High School. After his graduation in the year 2009, Wharton quickly joined Grand Rapids Community College and spent about two-and-a-half years, after which he received a degree in physical education from the institution. To his credit, the reality star also holds a sports management degree which he obtained from Ohio Dominican University.
Right from an early age, Cory Wharton has always seen himself being on the television so he would always ask his grandmother to film him so that he could learn how to be comfortable in front of the camera. In addition to his stint on the TV, Wharton is also a model and fitness coach.
He launched his fitness training career after he moved to Los Angeles, where he worked at the West Hollywood-based fitness club Equinox for some time before moving to California to begin a personal training job in the city of Santa Monica. After spending a month in Los Angeles, he decided to audition for the reality show, The Real World in the year 2014.
Since 2015, Cory Wharton has been a member of the reality show, The Challenge. During the period he starred in season 31 of the show, The Challenge: Vendettas, he dated Alicia Lavida, a co-star. Unfortunately, the pair was thrown out of the show after a short period of time.
Cory Wharton is a father to a beautiful daughter he had with his ex-girlfriend, Cheyenne Floyd. Her name is Ryder Wharton and she was born in the month of April 2017. However, the reality television star was told about Ryder in October of the same year, after he was eliminated from The Challenge.
The child was born with a rare disease called Very-long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency (VLCAD) which makes it her body difficult to properly break down certain fats. Regardless of this, Ryder is doing great and getting along with her parents who have since separated.
Cory and Floyd run a YouTube channel dedicated to their daughter called Raising Ryder. The platform, which is extensively managed by the latter, features several vlogs about their pretty daughter.
More Facts About The Reality TV Star
1. His favorite moment from The Real World was the family vacation he embarked on with other contestants before their exes arrived.
2. Cory Wharton has a younger cousin called Mitch. The two appeared in The Challenge.
3. A man of many talents, Wharton played football before fame came calling.
4. As of February 2019, Cory is reported to be dating Taylor Selfridge, who also appeared on season 1 of the reality show, Ex On The Beach. The pair had a brief fling after the end of the show. Apart from the show, Taylor has also featured in other shows such as Are You The One? (season 5 and 6). Most of Cory’s fans are not happy he has reconciled with Selfridge as they really want him to reunite with his baby mama whom they love dearly and feel is a better choice.
5. Wharton is 6 feet tall, however, other details of his body measurement are yet to be publicized.
6. Currently, his net worth is under review, though some unverified sources have reported that it is estimated at $500,000.