Matt Gutman was born on the 5th of December 1977. He is a reporter who currently works for ABC News. Matt is a native of Westfield in New Jersey.
Matt Gutman Biography
Matt Gutman was born to parents Paul Gutman and Sharon Gutman. Matt attended High School at the Newark Academy, where he excelled as a scholar-athlete football player. A very popular figure among fellow students, obviously because of his ability to juggle sports and his academics.
After High School, Matt moved to Williams College where he graduated in 2000. Though a big-time football player back in high school, Gutman soon noticed that the football dream was going up in smoke and he decided to make the switch to Television presenting. He got his first meaningful job as a TV presenter when he was hired by ABC News back in 2008. He made a mark on his employers as a versatile presenter and was quite often appearing on different platforms and TV programs.
He was given considerably more influence and responsibility in 2014 when he was being assigned to take over the hosting duties for Sea Rescue from the very talented and experienced Sam Champion. The TV show is currently a USA weekly TV series. Aside from being hired by ABC in 2008, the 39-year-old has been in the industry since graduating in 2000. It is such a rarity that one such reporter brings a whole lot of flair and draws up massive audiences all around the country and beyond.
ABC regards Matt as one of its finest reporters and it was reported that he became a Favourite with the TV’s network executives when he successfully and expertly reported on the 2010 Golf of Mexico’s oil spill. That report in 2010 helped put him on the map, one of his more recent notable reports includes Mexican migrants’ dangerous journey, a documentary that chronicles the often dangerous journey embarked by immigrants in a bid to get to the United States.
Matt also interviewed various teen doctors which were accused of fraud. He recently won an Emmy Award for his hosting of the show Sea Rescue.
Is he Married and who is his Wife?
The TV presenter is currently married and strives very hard to keep the identity of his wife away from his social media followers. His wife has been tagged to pictures on his Instagram account and although Matt tries his hardest to conceal the wife’s name, it has been reported that she has an account on Instagram under the name Daphida and has the name Daphna below the info bar. Their marriage is blessed with two lovely children – a boy and a girl. The names of his children aren’t in the public domain just yet.
Is Matt Gutman Gay?
It is not unusual for certain sections of the public to classify any handsome-looking celeb as gay. But when the facts are analyzed, we find out that there isn’t any single proof or shred of evidence to back up the claim. So I think it is safe to say that Matt Gutman is 100% straight.
Facts About Matt Guttman
1. Before moving to Los Angeles where he currently resides, Matt lived in Maimi for a long time.
2. His team at ABC News were recipients of a National Association of Black Journalists award. This was awarded for their in-depth and objective reporting of the Trayvon Martin shooting.
3. As a consequence of the nature of his job, Matt Guttman is a widely traveled man. He has reported from more than 40 different countries in the course of his journalism career at ABC.
4. Guttman has a track record of reporting in less than comfortable regions as is evident in his work as a reporter based in Jerusalem for a period of 7 years. His brief covered reporting major happening throughout the often volatile Middle East region.
5. In 2010, Matt Gutman was in the headlines for his coverage of the Gulf oil spill and the attempts by oil giants BP to play down the environmental and economic effects of the oil spill.
6. Programs covered by Guttman as a Senior National Correspondent for ABC News include; World News Tonight with David Muir, Good Morning America, Nightline, and 20/20.
7. His net worth is reportedly within the region of $1 million.