Mitch Jones is best known as a retired Major League baseball player. He played baseball as an outfielder. Mitch first gained some recognition when he set a new record at Utah Valley State College by hitting 41 home runs in just two years. He later transferred to Arizona State University, where he set another record by slugging 27 home runs in a single season, 787 percentages. At that point, it was obvious that he was destined for great things. He was also an All-American twice in 1998 and again in 2000.
For his amateur career, he was drafted by the Texas Rangers in 1997. Later he was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in 1998 and again in 1999. After finishing college, he was drafted by the New York Yankees in the 7th round of the 2000 draft.
You probably think you know everything there is to know about Mitch Jones, but there may be a few things that will surprise you. Learn more about the athlete below:
Mitch Jones: Biography
Mitchell C. Jones was born on October 15, 1977, in Orem, Utah. During his time in Orem, he attended Mountain View High School, where he started playing baseball. Although Orem is a relatively quiet town, it has produced several other celebrities, including Julianne Hough, who is a famous dancer, country musician, and actress.
Is He Gay?
Mitch Jones has made great efforts to keep his private life out of the public eye. So it is not known whether the athlete is gay or heterosexual. However, unless he says otherwise or evidence to the contrary is found, the safest assumption is that Mitch is a heterosexual man.
At present, the former sportsman keeps his private life private, so not much is known about his romantic relationships. It is not known whether he is single, married, or divorced. Apart from his close personal friends and family, nobody knows anything about his previous relationships or the number of people he has dated.
It is obvious that he has gone the extra mile to ensure that those closest to him and his loved ones are not affected by the fame of his professional career. It is admirable that he has kept his love life away from the media instead of turning it into gossip for an extra bit of fame.
Mitch Jones: Height, Weight & Body Measurements
The retired sportsman is currently in amazing shape. His height is stated as 1.83 m (6’0 ft) and his weight as 98 kg (216 lbs). Thanks to his many years as an athlete, it has been relatively easy for Mitch Jones to get and stay in shape.
As expected, he completed the required hours of training both in the game and in the gym to ensure that he was in the best shape to be the best player he could be. The result was not only an amazing player but a man in the enviable physical condition and athletic build.
The total net assets of Mitch Jones are not yet disclosed. Although the athlete has not yet published his financial statistics, you can be sure that the final amount will not be disappointing considering how many years he spent building a career while playing a game he loved.
Other Interesting Facts About Him
1. In 2006 Mitch Jones received his first Major League Call up, from the New York Yankees. He achieved this by working his way through the New York Yankees’ minor league team and eventually rising to All-Star six times.
2. October 15th, Mitch Jones is a Libra because of his birthday. He also shares his birthday with several other celebrities including Anthony Joshua, Fedez, Bailee Madison, Sarah Engels, Mesut Özil, Keyshia Cole, Dominic West, Khanyi Mbau, and Ginuwine.
3. 2010 Mitch was acquired by the Pittsburgh Pirates for cash. He played for the Indianapolis Indians, the Pirates’ AAA team.
4. He has also played for the Japanese professional baseball league. In 2007 he played for the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters of the Japanese Pacific League.
5. He returned to the United States after a year in Japan. Shortly afterward, his contract was bought by the Dodgers and he made his debut in the Major League as part of the team. In his debut game, he played as a pinch-hitter against the Oakland Athletics.