At the tender age of five, Perry Mattfeld was already dancing up a storm as a ballerina, before she later broadening her horizon to include other types of dance in her resume. From dancing, the talented youngster ventured into the world of theatre where she has more than 164 shows to her credit. It was her theatrical performances that informed her passion for screen acting. Subsequently, Perry Mattfeld has garnered credits across both films and TV shows including Wizards of Waverly Place, Shameless, Stitches, and a lot more.
Perry Mattfeld’s Biography
On 29th March 1994 in California, the multi-faceted performer was born and was raised by her parents – Shelley Garcia and Kenneth Mattfeld but not much is known about other members of her family. Her father is an attorney and has served in the capacity of a deputy city attorney for the Port of Los Angeles since 2003 but prior to that, he worked in several law firms after bagging his JD from Loyola Law School.
Perry attended Long Beach Polytechnic High School in Long Beach, California, finishing with a GPA of 4.6, after which she jetted off to college at the University of Southern California (USC). In college, she didn’t hide her talents as she took part in many extracurricular activities. She graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (B.F.A.) from the School of Dramatic Arts – Acting Major and Cinema Arts Minor.
Before reaching this height in her education, Perry had already built a robust background in the performing arts, starting from dancing. Even before she turned five, the actress started performing, playing the piano and also appeared in a few school plays.
She continued dancing ballet for a period of nine years and after Debbie Allen took her in to train her, Perry was advised to try other styles of dance. The iconic choreographer featured Perry in her World Premiere Musical, Alex in Wonderland. Perry Mattfeld also got a spot in the original musical theatre cast at Mattel’s American Girl Theater where she portrayed American Girl Dolls, Kirsten Larson and Kit Kittredge. While enjoying a burgeoning career in theatre, she took part in more than 164 shows for American Girl at the Grove in Los Angeles.
Her theatre experience fueled her passion for acting and she has not relented in plying her trade on the set of several films and television projects. Notably, asides from the aforementioned, most of her works can be found on TV series including In the Dark, Homecoming, Conan, Escape from Polygamy, Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader, and The Megan Mullally Show, among many others.
Perry was 15 when she starred alongside Selena Gomez in Wizards of Waverly Place. For her role as a teen ‘Franken-Girl’, the actress wore monstrous prosthetics, complete with a fake forehead and bolts. To achieve this appearance, she had to spend at least two hours in hair and makeup section before the cameras start rolling.
At an impressive height of 5 feet 10 inches, Perry Mattfeld has used her physical endowments to push her career to the next level. Although her weight and other body statistics are not listed for public scrutiny, it is very obvious she keeps fit and has maintained a slim figure which has come in handy in her career endeavors.
Other Interesting Facts About Perry Mattfeld
1. Her full name is Perry Frances Mattfeld and the first was inspired by the Persian name ‘Pari’ or ‘Paricheher’ – meaning Face of Angel or Face of a Fairy.
2. While in college, she joined The University of Southern California World Famous USC Song Girls.
3. Perry graduated Cum Laude from the University of Southern California (USC) with a B.F.A.
4. She was among the cheerleader’s squad during her college days and also joined a spirit group known as Song Girls.
5. In May 2014, Perry Mattfeld was featured on Sports Illustrated in recognition of her cheerleading days at the University of Southern California.
6. She did a bit of modeling while waiting for her acting career to fully take off after she finished college. It was her meeting with Kelly Gray that set her on that path and she modeled for Grayse fashion brand during that period.