Tommy Lee has been active in the music industry since 1979. He is best known as one of the founders of the American heavy metal band, Mötley Crüe, as well as the founder of the rock band, Methods of Mayhem.
Lee has been with Mötley Crüe since January 17, 1981, and has helped the band to produce and sell more than 100 million records. Besides being a phenomenal musician, Lee is also a veteran drummer, songwriter, producer, reality star, and DJ.
Tommy Lee’s Bio
Tommy Lee was named Thomas Lee Bass by his parents after he was born in Athens, Greece, on October 2, 1962. His mother – Vassilikki “Voula” Papadimitriou – was a former Miss World contestant while his father – David Lee Thomas Bass – served in the U.S Army as a sergeant.
Tommy was raised in California along with his younger sister Athena Lee, who is also a drummer. Athena is said to have featured in her ex-husband’s solo pop-punk band, KrunK.
His Wife, Girlfriend, Kids
Tommy Lee is quite popular for his robust career as much as he is for the stormy relationships he has had with women. The musician has been married three times and is currently engaged to his fiancée.
Lee’s first attempt at marriage was with Elaine Margaret Starchuk, a popular model. The duo tied the knot on November 24, 1984, and divorced one year later. The following year, he got married to Dynasty star Heather Locklear but their marital relationship lasted for only seven years.
Following his divorce from actress Locklear, Tommy continued his search for the right woman. He later got connected to popular Playboy Playmate, Pamela Anderson in 1995 and later married her three days after their first meeting. Their union has been blessed with two lovely sons called Dylan Jagger and Brandon Thomas. The former was born on December 29, 1997, while the latter arrived into the world on June 5, 1996.
Lee and Pamela got separated in 1998, came together again and eventually went their separate ways in 2001. The couple later reconciled after some time but called off their relationship again in 2008. It was later reported that Pamela and Lee have reconciled again and have been living peacefully with their children in their mansion. The two finally separated for good, shortly after their reunion, and have never been spotted together ever since.
The controversial drummer has also been linked to Sofia Toufa, whom he met in 2010. The duo got engaged in February 2014 but later called off their relationship.
Currently, Tommy Lee is dating internet sensation, Brittany Furlan. The couple, as shared by the musician, got engagement on February 14, 2018. For now, the pair is yet to reveal how long they’ve known each other and where they met.
Born Brittany Jayne Furlan, in Perkasie, Pennsylvania, in the United States, Lee’s fiancée was welcomed into the world on the 5th day of September 1986. She is famed for her roles on Vine and for being the most followed female star on the internet platform until her retirement in November 2015.
Other Facts You Need To Know About The Singer
1. Tommy Lee’s third wife, Anderson, hit the headlines in 1995 for putting on a bikini on her wedding day.
2. A few months after the musician wedded his third wife, their sex tape was stolen from their house while the pair was on a vacation. This led to Pamela suing the company that distributed the video but later reached an agreement with them.
3. Lee was once imprisoned for physically assaulting his wife in front of their sons. He was later released after a while.
4. His first two marriages didn’t produce children.
5. Sometime in 2001, a case of negligence was filed against the musician after a four-year-old boy drowned in his swimming pool during his son’s birthday.
6. Lee is said to have physically fought with American singer/songwriter Kid Rock at the MTV Video Awards ceremony
7. In October 1999, while he was in North Carolina, he was arrested by the police for stimulating a riot at a concert held in 1997 in Greensboro Coliseum.
8. His musical idols as a teenager were Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Van Halen, Sweet, Kiss, and Cheap Trick while his major drumming idols are Terry Bozzio, John Bonham, Alex Van Halen and Tommy Aldridge.
9. Tommy Lee’s first drum was presented to him when he was four years old. He, however, received his first drum kit as a teenager.
10. He is of Welsh ancestry.