No one saw it coming! Caitriona Balfe’s Outlander series got engaged in January 2017; but Sam Heughan – her co-star – wasn’t the one who popped the question, much to the surprise of the Outlander fans who had been rooting for their favorite Claire and Jamie to take their affair beyond the screen.
The relationship between Caitriona and Sam in the American hit drama included many intimate scenes, which demonstrated the chemistry both stars shared. However, the fans wanted more as the two had never been a real-life couple.
Journalists eager for relationship snippets from the duo kept insinuating the ring on her finger was fom Sam, however, Caitriona Balfe – who is more of a private person and rarely talks about her personal life to the public – suddenly decided to break the news herself.
The Irish star made an appearance at the 2018 Golden Globe Awards with a sparkling engagement ring on her finger, announcing her engagement to her lover on the floor of the red carpet ceremony. But was it from Sam? Who’s the lucky guy?
Caitriona Balfe’s Husband
Well, we all know Caitriona Balfe is a private person who rarely talks about her personal life to the public let alone reveal private details; yet, she has conveniently seen it as a necessity to make her engagement to her lover public information. His name is Tony McGill.
The pair had kept their relationship fairly very private and hardly been together in the public; so private that there’s virtually nothing concrete you can find of Tony McGill anywhere on the web. Their only public appearance together is an Instagram video shared by a friend: which revealed the two have known each other since 2015.
Tony McGill is the celebrated Irish music producer who has quite a number of producing credits to his name. He is also a co-founder of the theatrical entertaining act Combo Fiasco, one of the iconic cabaret acts in Melbourne.
Apart from this information, nothing much is known about Tony except for the fact that he prefers to keep to his personal space: making it much difficult for anyone to know who he really is.
Given his relationship with the Outlander star, there’s a rumor that suggests him to be three years older than Balfe, i.e. he was born in 1976 (Caitriona Balfe was born 1979). They are yet to make it to the altar, but that should be sorted in no distant time.
Has Caitriona Balfe Dated Anyone Before?
Yes, the question is worth asking. While Caitriona Balfe has dated a couple of people in the last decade of her life or so, there are only a few men we can really verify as being linked to the Irish actress, and among them are Dave Milone and Tony McGill.
Before Caitriona Balfe ever came in contact with Tony McGill in 2015, the star actress was once in a relationship with Dave Milone during her modeling career in the early 2000s.
Dave Milone is an American guitarist who played in the band Radio 4; and the pair lived together for a couple of years when the Irish model was based in Brooklyn, New York, and finding her footing in the Hollywood industry.
Fast Facts You Need To Know About Caitriona Balfe
1. Beyond her acting, Caitriona Balfe’s impressive resume as a model. She has modeled for Dolce & Gabbana, Marc Jacobs Chanel, Moschino, and Narciso Rodriguez, over a ten-year career.
2. Caitriona Balfe and Tony McGill have been spotted in public together twice: in 2016 Jodie Foster’s Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony, and in 2017 at the Oscar Wilde Awards
3. In 2002, Caitriona was on the runway for Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
4. Caitriona Balfe and Tony McGill both have Irish roots
5. In 2014, Caitriona was voted “Woman Of The Year” by BBC America’s Anglophenia Fan Favorites tournament.
6. In 2015, she was named by People magazine among the list of “50 Most Beautiful People in the World”.
7. Caitriona Balfe has at some time lived in Italy, France, England, Germany, and Japan
8. Caitriona Balfe has been a part of major advertising campaigns for Levi’s, Calvin Klein, Oscar de la Renta, Moschino, Blumarine, Dries Van Noten, Escada, Bottega Veneta, Hush Puppies, Neiman Marcus, BCBG Max Azria, and Wella.