Basketball, as we all know, is an interesting sport to watch and play. While the game has produced some very big names such as Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Kobe Bryant, to mention but a few, this article will be taking a peek into the life and career progression of a player still in the process of stepping into one of those aforementioned shoes – his name is Jacob Evans.
Evans is an American professional basketball player who plays as a shooting guard for the Golden State Warriors. Jacob is intelligent and one player that knows what to do on and off the ball; anyone who has watched him play can attest to his sheer talent and quick thinking abilities. Read further to find out more about this young star who is so intriguing and has loads of potentials.
Who Is Jacob Evans?
Jacob Evans III drew his first breath on earth on the 18th of June 1997 in Jacksonville, North Carolina. He was born to Theresa Chatman and Jerry Evans. He also has two brothers named Dermarquis and Devin. Jacob had his high school education at St Micheal the Archangel High School which is situated at Baton Rouge in Louisiana. He played basketball with the school’s team and also assisted them to reach their peak in the sport.
When it was time to go to college, he chose to obtain his college degree at the University of Cincinnati despite the fact that he had attracted offers from other schools like Houston, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Oklahoma State, Richmond, South Carolina, and UTEP as a result of his extraordinary performance on the basketball court. Jacob got inspired to become a basketball player by his mum when she bought him a basketball as a gift when he was 4 years old. That was how he made the decision to become a basketball player.
He began to play at a young age to the extent he got addicted to the game and began perfecting his skills. Jacob’s brothers also contributed a lot in helping him to actualize his dream of becoming an exceptional player in the field of basketball. His elder brother, Dermaquis, made it a point of duty to always encourage him and also ensured he did not miss his days of practice. Today, Jacob Evans is a rising star in the NBA.
During his days in college, Jacob was an incredible all-around player and was among the players to reach finals for the Julius Erving Small Forward of the Year award. Additionally, he earned his first-team All-Conference award in the American Athletic Conference in 2018. Jacob became the 52nd member of Cincinnati’s 1000 points club after he scored 16 points at USF.
The 2018 NBA Draft came and Jacob became a first-round selection of the Golden State Warriors who selected him as the 28th overall pick of the draft. He signed his first NBA contract with the Warriors in July 2018 and was handed the No. 10 jerseys.
Body Stats – Height and Weight
As one would expect of a professional B-baller, Jacob has good height and physic. The basketball player stands at a height of 6 ft 6 inches (1.98 m) and weighs 210 lb (95 kg)
Other Facts About Jacob Evans
1. Asides from been in the field of play, Jacob Evans loves to watch movies and his favorite musician is Lil Wayne. The athlete also says he loves hanging out with friends and playing video games.
2. He is defensive-minded and this helps him to be a good defender. Jacob Evans has a very strong step and determination to get to the rim. He is very agile and his agility combined with his long wingspan enables him to be able to block opponents and stop them from scoring.
3. Evans is an effective three-point shooter. He finished his junior season with a 37.0 three-point shooting percentage.
4. He is also a very versatile player such that he can fit any position either as a shooter, scorer, or in defense.
5. Jacob is a very smart player who learns every day in the game and he tries to improve his skills every day as well.