Jay Chou’s a multifaceted Taiwanese entertainment personality who banks as a director, record producer, singer, film producer, actor, and musician. Chou began his career in the entertainment industry in 2000, the same year he released his debut album, Jay.
Ever since the Taiwanese leading light stormed the spotlight, he has released one compilation album, fourteen studio albums, five live albums, and has written and performed over 150 songs.
One of the best in the Asian entertainment scene, Jay has also written so many songs for his fellow Taiwanese singers and notable artists overseas.
Jay Chou’s Biography (Age)
Jay Chou is the son of Yeh Hui-Mei, a secondary school music teacher, and Chou Yao-Chung, a biomedical researcher. He was born in Linkou District, Taipei County, Taiwan, Republic of China, on January 8, 1979.
He grew up in Linkou, Taipei County, and attended Tamkang Senior High School, where he majored in piano and minored in cello. His parents divorced when he was 13 years, causing him to be introverted.
The King of Asian Pop’s flourishing career has seen him walk home with the World Music Award four times. He is also famed in the following regions – Hong Kong, Mainland, Thailand, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, Australia, and the United States.
Jay Chou has a book titled: “Grandeur de D Major” under his name. He was also the spokesperson for mega-brands like Motorola (in 2006), Panasonic (from 2001 to 2015), Pepsi (2002 to 2007), Levi’s (from 2004 to 2005), Deerhui (since 2003), Colgate (from 2004 to 2005), Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002), and many others.
Jay Chou’s Wife and Daughter
Jay Chou is married to Hannah Quinlivan, a Taiwanese model, and actress. The lovebirds got married in 2015 in a three-phased wedding ceremony that was graced by their family and friends.
The first phase of their wedding ceremony took place on January 1, 2015, in Selby Abbey, in England. The second ceremony was privately held on February 9, 2015, in Taipei and was open to their family and friends. The last leg of the colorful ceremony was held in Australia, in March 2015.
Chou and Hannah’s relationship was made public in November 2014, although the two had been dating since 2010. Chou sealed his love for Hannah in December 2014, when he publicly announced that he would marry her on his 36th birthday. As expected, the singer kept his promise as their wedding took place a day after his birthday.
Prior to their marriage, Jay Chou’s wife was a clothing shop assistant at Jay, a clothing shop her husband invested in around 2007. The celebrity couple welcomed their first child, a pretty girl called Hathaway in July 2015 while their second child, a boy named Romeo was born in 2017.
According to Jay Chou’s wife, their daughter’s name is a combination of Hannah (Quinlivan) + thaw (melt) + Jay (Jay Chou) = Hathaway. She has blonde hair, just like her mother.
Also known as Kun Ling, Chou’s wife was born on August 12, 1993, in Wanhua District, Taipei, Taiwan to a Taiwanese mother and an Australian father. She had her secondary school education at Juang Jing Vocational High School and also attended New York Film Academy, where she majored in film production and acting for eight weeks.
Jay Chou’s wife began her career in 2008. She has walked the runway for several brands and appeared in a good number of films, television series, and music videos. The actress has a half-sister and an older half-brother who came from a Korean father.
Height & Other Facts About The Singer
1. He is 1.73 meters tall, which is 5 feet 8 inches.
2. Jay Chou is an only child.
3. Despite his busy schedule due to his multiple careers, Jay still finds time to give back to society. Since 2012, he has been the spokesperson for a non-profit organization for children with intellectual challenges known as Angel Heart Foundation.
Sometime in 2013, he organized a voluntary concert for the organization. Jay Chou also donated NT$2 million in 2014 following the infamous Kaohsiung gas explosions.
4. In 2011, he donated a reasonable sum of money in the aftermath of the 921 earthquakes which occurred in Jiji, Taiwan on Tuesday, September 21, 1999.
5. Sometime in 2016, Jay bought the Taiwan-based team Taipei Assassins. He renamed the League of Legends and Alliance of Valiant Arms team J Gaming.
6. As common with few celebrities, he is not a big fan of paparazzi. He dislikes public and media attention so much that he frequently wears hoods and baseball caps whenever he makes a public appearance.
7. Jay learned about directing for the first time through music videos in 2004.
8. He made his first film appearance in the movie Initial D, which was released in 2005.
9. While growing up, his hobbies were performing magic tricks, playing the piano, and imitating TV actors.
10. As a child, Frédéric Chopin was his favorite composer and still is to this day.
11. He began his piano lessons at the age of four.
12. Prior to his meteoric rise to stardom, he worked as a waiter.
13. After graduating from high school, Chou was enlisted for mandatory military service but was later exempted after he was diagnosed with a hereditary spine inflammation disease called ankylosing spondylitis.