An American actor, comedian, writer and producer all rolled into one, Jerod Mixon is a ball of talent but is yet to attain a great height in his career as an entertainer. Although he started acting in 1997, his first popular appearance came in 2003, on the set of comedy film Old School.
In addition to acting, Jerod Mixon has also done some works in the production and writing departments of the industry. Get all the information you need to know about the American actor below.
Early Life and Career Beginnings
His birthday is listed as May 24, 1981, and he was born in Port Hueneme, California. The identity of his parents have not been made public but it is clear that Jerod was born by African-American parents, judging by the colour of his skin and other physical attributes. He is not the only entertainer in the family. Jerod is the older brother of Jamal Mixon, an actor popular for portraying the character of Ernie Klump Jr. in the acclaimed film The Nutty Professor, followed by its sequel, Nutty Professor II: The Klumps. Both brothers have seen good and bad times together and still stick with each other. There is no record of a sister in the family or any other brother asides Jamal.
Jerod Mixon has not also shared his childhood memories with the public and this includes the schools he attended and to what extent his attained educational qualifications. Nevertheless, he started professional acting in 1997 and has remained in the limelight thus far. His debut was made in a 1997 episode of Malcolm & Eddie. Though the start was not a great one, his performance in Me, Myself & Irene as Shonté Jr. Baileygates, son of ‘s character made him more popular among actors. His role in the 2000 dark comedy film remains one of the prominent to date, giving his acting credits a nudge. Another prominent role came his way in 2002 when he was cast to appear in the film The New Guy.
In his TV cache, Jerod has a small part which he played in an episode of Scrubs. He played the role of an obese patient named Herbert in an episode of the American medical comedy-drama television series. The Scrubs episode which he appeared in is dubbed “My New Suit”. His major break came in 2003 when the role of Weensie in Old School defined his talent as an actor.
Details of His Net Worth
Yet to enter the mainstream of fame and fortune, Jerod Mixon has not earned his first million as an actor. His net worth as of 2019 is an estimated $200,000 which is not bad as he has not appeared in many projects. His brother, on the other hand, doubles that amount as his net worth which is estimated at $400,000.
Weight & Height
Beyond playing an obese patient in one episode of Scrubs, Jerod Mixon is overweight in reality. Both Mixon brothers have gained so much weight over the years and this has come to be their signature look. A glance at their physical attributes suggests they weigh several tons but the actual figures to support this claim have not been released. Likewise, his height is not known.
Interesting Facts About Jerod Mixon
1. He is often referred to as Big Tyme among other nicknames he might have. This presumably has something to do with his weight and body build.
2. The uncanny resemblance between Jerod and his brother Jamal has come in handy in their professional career as actors. The brothers co-starred in the movie The Cookout. In the movie, they played twins named Willie and Nelson and their performance was very convincing, though they have a few years between them in age.
3. Appearing in the aforementioned sport/comedy provided a platform for Jerod to rub shoulders with some of Hollywood’s greats including and
4. To his credit as a producer is the White T and he did not just produce the 2013 comedy rap film, he portrayed one of the characters as well.
5. He has a presence on social media platforms – Instagram and Facebook with the former followed by more than 3,000 fans and on the latter, his fans are yet to reach 1,000.
Also Read: Top 10 Richest People in the world with full biography and details.