Shannon Rutherford on the television series Lost, Irina in The Twilight Saga, and/or perhaps Rachel in Rachel’s Room are some of the popular names/characters you might know the subject of this write-up with. But beyond these, Maggie Grace had a life that preceded her stardom.
While you may have known the tidbits about the celebrity, you probably don’t know that she was raised in a 200-year-old house with her siblings by their parents. Find out more about Shannon’s background below as well as what made her popular, net worth and other interesting facts we gathered about the celebrity.
Who is Maggie Grace and What is She Known for?
Maggie Grace, named Margaret Grace Denig after her birth on the 21st of September 1983 was born in Worthington, Ohio, the U.S. to Valinn (née Everett) and Fred Denig. She was the eldest of the three children born in the family who are all girls. Her siblings are Marissa Palatas and Ian Denig with whom she was raised up in the first saltbox house in central Ohio that had stood for 200 years at the time.
As a child, Maggie was inclined to the arts and called herself the ‘Shakespeare nerd’ as she was an avid reader. She schooled at Worthington Christian Schools and later Thomas Worthington High School where she began performing in her school plays as well as community theatre.
However, in her teenage, precisely when she was 16, her parents divorced which resulted in Maggie dropping out of school and her mother relocating to Los Angeles where they hoped to begin a new life. Not long after arriving in the City of Angels, Maggie Grace contacted an agent and subsequently enrolled in acting classes in hope of kicking off her career soonest. This decision and step of faith paid off without much ado as she landed the titular role in Rachel’s Room, a 2001 web-based video series that centered on the events in the teenage girl’s bedroom. The following year, the actress had her breakout role in Murder in Greenwich, a 2002 television movie based on a true-life story about the murder of Martha Moxley in 1975.
The actress has equally featured in other movies and television series alongside A-list actors and actresses like Liam Neeson, Famke Janssen, and Forest Whitaker in Taken 3 (2015) where she portrayed the character of Kim Mills. Maggie Grace was Christina in Aftermath (2017) alongside Martin Donovan, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Scoot McNairy. She has equally starred in various television series like Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2004) as Jessie Dawning in the episode “Obscene”, Fear the Walking Dead (2018-present) as Althea since season 4.
On the marital side of things, Maggie Grace is married to Brent Bushnell; the chief executive officer and co-founder of Two Bit Circus, a Los Angeles-based entertainment company.
The actress was engaged by her beau in February 2017 and by May 28 of the same year, they walked down the aisle and said their “I do’s” to each other. Their union is not known to have produced any kids yet.
Her Net Worth
Maggie Grace has seen good times in her relatively young career. The actress who had her debut in 2001 and breakout role the following year reportedly has a net worth seated between $8 million and $12 million. She is very much still active in the industry and with more critical and commercially successful works she will feature in, in addition to other streams of her income, her numbers will definitely double for good.
- She is from a mix of English, German and Scottish ethnicity.
- Maggie Grace is no doubt a beautiful young woman with a good carriage. The actress stands at a moderately tall height (for women) of 5 feet 9 inches and weighs 63 kg.
- Her hair color is naturally blonde which is a perfect match for her green-colored eyes.
- She has a well-contoured body with a bust size of 36 inches, waist of 25 inches, and proportionate hips of size 35 inches. the blonde beauty spots the look of the typical American girl.
- The actress wears a bra size of 34B, US shoe size of 8.5, and US dress size of 4.
- Maggie is reported to have bought her first car when she was aged 18 and still drives the same car to date.
- She is a cat person and has a feline companion named Roo.
- Roo was a feral cat which she and Ian Somerhalder saw starving and dying while she was filming Lost in the jungle.