You see, technology and social media have indeed brought power back to the people. All it takes now to be ‘heard’ is to rightly navigate the social media platforms readily available for free. A lot of persons have understood this and used it for their profit, this includes the popular YouTuber called Marcus Butler.
Who Is Marcus Butler?
On the 19th of December 1991, a little English baby was born in Shoreham-by-Sea, England, and named Marcus Lloyd Butler. His mother, sue_kay10 as she is known on Instagram, is so loved up and proud of her children and husband; she constantly shows this off.
It is known that Marcus Butler has two beautiful sisters who bear Heidi and Natasha but what isn’t known is his level of educational qualification. Some sources claim that the dude attended Shoreham College and graduated in 2007. Well, education isn’t all to life like they say and this goes for Marcus too whose claim to fame came with his videos.
He began by creating and editing mixes of diverse footage and posting them on his YouTube channel. However, when his viewers continuously suggested and requested a distinct channel for his content, he yielded and Marcus Butler TV was birthed. Not one to rest on his oars, he took it a notch higher and started collaborating with other equally popular individuals on YouTube and made much more captivating content as his fame grew. Notable among his features are Tyler Oakley, Zoella, and Joey Graceffa.
Things You Must Know About The YouTuber
1. Interestingly, Marcus got a spot on TV in the British show Release the Hounds as a cast alongside Alfi Deyes, another YouTuber. This opened up an avalanche of TV show appearances for him such as Good Morning Britain.
2. Marcus is also an Author. His first and only book yet titled Hello Life! was released in July 2015.
3. He has a passion for music and was a part of a five-member band. Together with his band colleagues (Caspar Lee, Joe Sugg, Jim Chapman, and Alfie Deyes), Marcus Butler raised funds for a campaign on Comic Relief. In 2016, he released a track titled I’m Famous with Conor Maynard.
4. The YouTuber is a big fan of basketball and football. He has played a handful of games for charity purposes.
5. Being a model, Marcus is a 6 feet tall hunk with a bodyweight of 75 kg (165 lb). His dreamy blue eyes never cease to mesmerize and hold his fans especially the lady folk captive. This Sagittarius has light brown hair which makes him all the more charming. Most times, he will be caught sporting an outfit of Adidas, All Saints, or Alexander McQueen. Marcus Butler is also all shades of straight.
6. He was in a relationship with his childhood friend, a lifestyle and fashion blogger, Niomi Smart, till December 2015 a little after their second year as a couple. Niomi was attending Law school after her university education when Marcus brought her into vlogging. She used this to show off her fashion, beauty, and cooking skills.
In no time, she had garnered a lot of fans, endorsements and even launched Eat Smart, her cookbook on self-made recipes of delicious goodness. Of course, he showed her off on Instagram. Prior to the breakup, ‘Narcus’ (as they were popularly known), opened a snacks delivery outfit called SourcedBox and they assured their fans and customers that with the help of a good friend, the business will continue.
About a year later, in 2016, Marcus took to social media to introduce the new queen of his heart, Stefanie Giesinger (a Model) to his fans. Stefanie at the time was Germany’s Next Top Model and the duo had met on French Riviera at the amfAR gala held in May 2016. The really shocking thing about this new girlfriend was her striking resemblance to Niomi.
7. As of the time of this writing, the YouTuber has a massive 4.4 million subscribers on his self-named channel and 3.4 million followers on Instagram. On Twitter, he boasts of another 3.46 million subscribers. He also has two other channels on YouTube although he has ceased to update one of them.
Just Marcus, the second channel is reserved for his daily life activities which are also fun to watch. Little wonder everyone wants to advertise with him and his net worth is estimated at $750,000.