If Meryl Streep, Lionel Messi, Lebron James, and Eminem are individuals that must be protected at all cost for the sake of good movies, football, basketball, and rap music, then Simon Whistler is arguably pretty much one to be protected for good vlogging content.
The social media star has millions of subscribers across different channels that do not only serve for entertainment purposes but for enlightenment. Apart from his personal YouTube channel, he is also the man behind channels such as TopTenz, Today I Found Out, and Biographics which he co-founded with Shell Harris.
Who is Simon Whistler?
As stated, Simon Whistler is a social media star who became famous for his various YouTube channels that add up to give him millions of followers. He was born on May 15, 1987, in England and was raised there as well. However, he now spends most of his time in the Czech Republic from where he mostly vlogs. Also, he moves travels around the world for his videos.
As a kid, he fell in love with the theatre and got involved in drama when he went to school. He got a scholarship for his love for theatre when he was in high school. At the university, he pursued the same thing.
He began his journey towards becoming a YouTube star in February 2010 when he founded his most famous channel, TopTenz which as the name suggests is a video of top 10 lists covering entertaining and educational topics. Behind the channel is also the website, Toptenz.net which also covers the same things. By 2019, the channel had already amassed close to 1.5 million subscribers and close to half a billion total video views.
While TopTenz is his first YouTube channel, it is not the most popular. In October 2011, he founded Today I Found Out. The channel is also educative and entertaining as it gives tips and facts on diverse issues. Although the channel has close to 2 million subscribers which is more than TopTenz, it has had fewer views of over 370 million views since it was created.
Following the successes he recorded with the two channels, Simon Whistler started yet another channel, Biographics in 2017. The channel is designed to create biographies of famous people and people of interest. The channel has also grown pretty fast with more than 650 thousand subscribers and over 61 million total views.
In 2015 the YouTube star and entrepreneur founded his personal YouTube channel which is self-titled. By 2019, the channel had already grown to get over 20,000 subscribers and close to a million views. He makes use of the channel to share his personal videos.
Other Facts About The YouTube Star
1. He has a very strong presence on YouTube: On YouTube, Simon Whistler has a very strong presence with more than five million subscribers across his channels and close to a billion total views.
2. He co-founded the YouTube channels with Shell Harris: Although it is Simon that is mostly mentioned at the forefront of the YouTube channels, he co-owns Biographics and TopTenz with Shell Harris. That said, there is not so much that is known about Harris in the public domain except that he is a digital marketing expert.
3. Other Channels he has on YouTube: Apart from the channels stated above which are the popular channels of Simon Whistler, he also has other smaller channels including Highlight History which tells of some historic events and individuals, and then he contributes to the English version of the channel, VisualPolitik.
4. Wife and Girlfriend: Whistler has maintained a rather private life through the years as he lives in Prague and travels to different parts of the world. Because of this, not so much about his love life is known in the public domain.
5. Net Worth: Although there are sources that place his net worth at $100,000 U.S. dollars, this could significantly be lower than what he actually has. For now, there is still yet to be an authoritative source to confirm the real net worth of Simon Whistler. That said, it is easy to believe that Whistler is doing very well as far as his fortune is concerned. This is because of his thriving social media influence.
Simon is pretty much the most hardworking man one would meet as he is involved in many things, always producing at least a video a day. More so, he has a strong social media presence, looking at his Twitter handles and Instagram.
6. He co-hosts the podcast, The BrainFood Show: Apart from the YouTube channels, Whistle also co-hosts the aforementioned podcast with Daven Hiskey.