Well, well, well… we have landed another interesting topic. That was us trying to act cool, surely you’re not buying it. George Clooney is finally on our radar people! Though today is all about George Clooney’s height, weight, and body measurements, we just have to indulge ourselves in a little ‘show and tell’… mostly tell.
Here are some spicy facts about the 55-year-old actor who still has women swooning in his wake.
- He was born George Timothy Clooney on May 6, 1961, to Nina Bruce and Nick Clooney.
- Apparently, showbiz is the ‘family biz’, His mother Nina Bruce was a former beauty pageant queen and his father Nick Clooney was an AMC host.
- Clooney was somewhat a sickly child, when he was 14, he battled a year-long with Bell’s palsy, a form of facial paralysis, and also suffered from bleeding stomach ulcers. Thank heavens he made it out alive.
- The movie star would have probably been a whole different type of ‘star’ today, he tried out for the Cincinnati Reds to pursue a profession in baseball but we all know how that story ended.
- The first movie he starred in was a family affair, the movie, titled And They’re Off, was shot in 1982. He acted alongside his cousins Miguel and Rafael Ferrer.
- Clooney is not just another pretty face, he has the brains to back it up. In addition to being awarded the title of ‘Most Beautiful Man Alive’, he also made it onto the list of the 50 Smartest People in Hollywood.
- The movie, Thelma and Louise would have had George Clooney as their ‘J.D’, if Clooney did not lose the role to Brad Pitt, what can we say, he was a worthy adversary.
- Clooney is all about giving back to his community and the world at large, since 2007, he is the co-founder of the Enough Project, which aims at ending genocide and crimes against humanity.
Well, that’s enough on the actor, let’s delve into the topic at hand beginning with George Clooney’s height.
George Clooney’s Height
It’s no secret that most of Hollywood’s leading men are not very tall, if you don’t believe us check out studs like Mark Wahlberg and Ben Stiller who are just 5 feet 8 inches. Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Cruise are 5 feet 7 inches tall while people like Kevin Hart (5 feet 2 inches) and Danny Devito (5 feet) are right at the bottom of our list.
Nevertheless, the point has been made, Hollywood is full of short leading men, Clooney on the other hand is neither here nor there. The actor stands tall-ish at 5 feet 11 inches. This is well above the average American male height of 5 feet 10 inches, so you get the gist of how tall he is.
In an interview with Esquire magazine, the actor addresses celebheights.com on the topic of his height saying, ‘ I decide to raise the stakes: celebHeights.com, yes, I slouch, my mother tells me that, so what’s the truth? I am five-eleven and a half.’
Yeah, so we are just going to go with his listed height of 5 feet and 11 inches. Speaking of lists, here is one with the names of some celebrities who stand as tall as the actor. Brad Pitt, Nicole Kidman, Orlando Bloom, and Gisele Bündchen all share George Clooney’s height.
George Clooney’s Weight
People add weight, it’s a part of life, you grow older and your metabolism begins to have more off days. In Hollywood, it’s almost always the opposite case, the older they get the more they strive to give us mere mortals some pretty unattainable goals.
Thank heavens for Clooney, he actually let himself go a bit especially after his September 2014 wedding, the words ‘soft and squishy physique’ was used to describe the actor. There were speculations that his bride was not too impressed with the extra pounds he packed on and even put him on a diet. The actor currently weighs 78 kg.
They seem to be doing just fine, but these days the weight watchers have their eyes on his wife Amal Alamuddin, who seems to be getting thinner by the second.
George Clooney Body Measurements
In addition to George Clooney’s height and weight here is a summary of all his body measurements.
Height: 5 feet 11 inches
Weight: 78 kg
Chest 42 inches
Biceps; 14 inches
Waist 35 inches
Feet/ Shoe size: US 10.5, EU 43-44. UK 10