How well do you know Alyssa Milano? She is an American actress, producer, and director best known for her roles as Phoebe Halliwell in Charmed, Samantha Micelli in Who’s The Boss, Jennifer Mancini in Melrose Place, Billie Cunningham in My Name’s Earl and Savannah “Savi” Davis in Mistresses.
Alyssa is known for her beauty and her talent; she was also a television icon in the 80s and 90s. Many have come to identify with her for her efforts in speaking up on several social issues and lending her voice to causes that matter. Her topics of interest vary and are not limited to AIDS, Vegetarianism, the ‘#MeToo’ movement and gender equality.
Alyssa Milano Bio & Age
Alyssa Milano was born on the 19th of December, 1972 in Brooklyn, New York. Her father is Thomas Milano, the film-music editor and her mother is Lin Milano, a talent manager, and fashion designer. She is of Italian descent and was raised as a Roman Catholic. She also has a brother, Cory Milano, who is younger than she is by seven years.
Alyssa lived with her family in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn until there was a neighborhood shooting. After the shooting, the family relocated to Great Kills, Staten Island.
She began her career when she was only seven. At the time, her babysitter took her for an audition for one of the roles for Annie in a national touring company play without notifying her parents. Out of 1,500, Alyssa was lucky enough to land one of the key roles. For the play, she traveled with her mother for eighteen months, after which she returned to New York and began appearing in commercials. She also landed roles in several off-Broadway plays and even appeared in Jane Eyre‘s first American musical adaptation.
Shortly after, she landed her first agent when she accompanied a friend from the Annie production to meet a talent agent in New York. After being introduced to the agent, he decided to represent her.
Who Is The Husband?
Alyssa Milano is married to David Bugliari, an agent at Creative Artists Agency. The two became engaged after dating for only a year and they got married in 2009 at David’s family home in New Jersey.
Prior to her ‘happy ever after’ with David, Alyssa was in a relationship with Corey Haim (of Lost Boys fame) from 1987 to 1990. During that time, Alyssa, her parents, and his managers struggled to help Haim combat his addiction. Unfortunately, they were unsuccessful. Corey Haim passed away on the 10th of March 2010.
After her relationship with Haim, the actress dated and became engaged to Scott Wolf, an American actor. The two broke off their engagement in 1994.
In 1999, Alyssa got married to Cinjun Tate, a musician, but the marriage was short-lived and ended the next year, in 2000.
Her Net Worth
Alyssa Milano currently has an impressive net worth of $10 million. She has built this amount over the years from her numerous film and television shows.
Alyssa was also a singer for a while during her youth before she decided to focus on acting – this versatility in her career path no doubt still brings in financial rewards that have contributed to her overall net worth.
More Facts About Alyssa Milano
1. Alyssa and her husband currently have two children together – a daughter, Elizabella, and a son, Milo.
2. Alyssa made her film debut in 1984 when she starred in Old Enough, a coming of age drama that won the First Prize at the Sundance Film Festival where it was screened. She has referred to the experience as a great way to start out in the industry.
3. Alyssa admitted in a 2004 interview that she has dyslexia, which she admits was a struggle for her profession. She reported that she had difficulty reading from teleprompters and even reading her scripts. The actor, Sir John Gielgud, advised her to write down her lines as it would be easier to remember that way.
To this day, Alyssa still uses that method as it helps her familiarize herself with the words.
4. She is one of few child-stars that have grown up with a normal and well-rounded life. She credits the support of her family for keeping her grounded and says that she doesn’t believe spending her childhood in front of cameras has affected her as much as it affected others.
5. She is also known for her association with Ryan White, an American teenager who was ostracized for having AIDS. When Alyssa heard Ryan was a fan of hers, she attended a party with him where they made friendship bracelets for six hours.
She later appeared with Ryan on The Phil Donahue Show, where she kissed him in order to show that AIDS could not be contracted through casual contact. Her bravery and compassion were applauded.