Audra Martin is famed for pulling off a great job when it comes to doing what she loves. Being a total package, she has won herself an overwhelming number of fans with her expertise and competence in her field of endeavor. She may not be your favorite sideline reporter but she holds the record as one of the best sports sideline reporters of our time, having delivered severally on camera. Despite the pit stops on her path, Martin has been able to successfully work her way up to the top of the rank, build her reputation, and also prove her worth to the world.
Here, you’ll learn about the accomplished sports reporter’s bio, her family, as well as other interesting facts.
Audra Martin’s Bio (Age)
Audra Martin is a sideline reporter and regional sports network host who basically covers the Minnesota Twins baseball and Minnesota Wild hockey for Fox Sports. She was born in the United States of America, precisely in Chigaco. However, her date and place of birth, as well as other information about her family background- parents, and siblings are not detailed at the moment. Wikiace learned that her favorite family member is her nephew, who nicknamed her ‘Bug’.
After completing her high school education, the top-notch reporter moved to the University of Central Florida to further her education. She later graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and Criminal Justice. While she was in college, she won the Miss University of Central Florida contest. After her graduation, she served as a sideline reporter/sports anchor/reporter for the Tennessee Titans after she landed a job with the Nashville-based television station, WKRN-TV. Prior to that role, Martin applied and was hired as a sideline reporter for the Atlanta Thrashers at the Huntsville, Alabama-based TV station WAAY-TV, after which she worked with the Atlanta Braves Organization.
In 2015, Martin was nominated as the “Woman of the Year” by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, which also gave her the green light to raise funds to help with the campaign and fight against blood cancer.
Family – Is She Married? Husband
The Minnesota-based media personality’s personal life has always been a subject of interest to her fans. Sadly, information revolving around her love life is difficult to come by, this is because Audra is a very private person who loves keeping all the deets about her personal life under wraps. Ever since the reporter became popular, she has never posted pictures of herself with any guy online neither has she been spotted with a man whom we can call her husband. According to our sources, Audra is still single and hoping that she would find her own man, tie the knot with him, and start-up her family in the near future.
Other Facts About The Reporter
1. Audra Martin was hired to work with other members of the Fox Sports North broadcast team in October 2015.
2. Before becoming a media personality, the reporter’s initial plan was to become a police officer.
3. While in high school, the seasoned reporter was a cheerleader and two-sport athlete. She was and is still very good in softball and volleyball. During her active years in school, she literally excelled at both sports.
4. Right from her childhood, Martin has always loved to express herself through songs. She is a talented singer as well as a violin player. She started playing the instrument at the age of three.
5. She joined Fox News as reporter Jamie Hersch’s successor. Jamie left the television news channel at the time after she landed a job with NHL Network.
6. In addition to hockey and baseball, Audra Martins also covers other sports areas such as prep sports, professional basketball, and football.
7. As regards her sexual orientation, the reporter is assumed to be straight. As you already know, celebrities are assumed to be straight until they say otherwise.
8. Audra Martin makes a befitting earning from her profession as a news anchor and journalist. However, her actual net worth and salary are currently under review but some sites reported that she earns somewhere around $60,000.
9. She is an avid cat lover and owns quite a number of them.
10. During the time she was living in Florida, she assisted in the passing of Jeff’s Law. For the purpose of clarity, Jeff’s Law is a state law that seeks to put an end to online bullying.
11. In 2009, Audra Martin sang the National Anthem for the Atlanta Dream at the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA) game.