Jake Lacy is an American actor best known for his roles as Pete Miller in The Office, Max in Obvious Child, Richard Semco in Carol, Fran Parker in Girls, and most especially for his lead role as Casey Marion Davenport in Better with You.
The actor’s most famous role was in the ABC comedy series, Better With You, which revolved around three relationships involving the members of one family – Maddie Putney and Ben who were together for nine years, Mia Putney and Casey (Jake Lacy) who have only been dating for 7 weeks but are now expecting a child together and Maddie and Mia’s parents who have been together for 35 years.
The show received positive reviews and was even nominated for awards, unfortunately, it did not garner enough viewers and was canceled after only one season. Better With You is arguably Jake’s break-out role and it also starred Joanna Garcia Swisher, Jennifer Finnigan, Josh Cooke, Kurt Fuller, and Debra Jo Rupp.
Obvious Child is a romantic comedy-drama by Gillian Robespierre which starred Jenny Slate and Jake Lacy. Jake Lacy played the character of Max who gets Jenny Slates character, a stand-up comedian, pregnant after a one-night stand. Carol is a romantic period drama that not only starred Jake Lacy but also Kyle Chandler, Cate Blanchett, Rooney Mara, and Sarah Paulson.
Jake Lacy Bio & Age
Jake Lacy was born on the 14th of February, 1985 in Greenfield, Massachusetts but the actor grew up in Pittsford, Vermont. For his secondary education, he attended Valley Union High school. He also later attended the Patricia A. Hannaford Career Center’s Addison Repertory Theater pre-professional program which was where he took theatre classes and began taking on acting roles.
He graduated from the University of North Carolina School of the Arts in 2008. The University of North Carolina School of the Arts is also responsible for producing several other famous actors including Anna Camp (Pitch perfect), Dane DeHaan (Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets), Tim Guinee (24), Jennifer Ehle (Fifty Shades Of Grey), Matt Lauria (Friday Night Lights), Lucas Hedges (Manchester by the Sea), Anthony Mackie (Captain America: The Winter Soldier), Chris Parnell (Grown-ish), Will Patton (Remember The Titans) and Natalia Cordova-Buckley (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.).
After graduating from UNCSA, he began working odd jobs in New York to get by. He was a bar-back at a club, a waiter, and a gym receptionist. He was still working odd jobs and going for auditions when he got cast in Better With You.
On the 22nd of August, 2015, Jake married Lauren Deleo, his longtime girlfriend. The two were wed in Dorset, Vermont. They are still happily married and very much in love. At this moment, they have no children together.
For the duration of their relationship, they have remained private choosing to post little to nothing about themselves on social media. You also won’t find unfavorable headlines about them in the tabloids.
Height & Weight
As with most men in the entertainment industry, Jake Lacy is in excellent shape. He currently weighs 84 kgs and is 6 Feet 1 Inch tall. He works out regularly to maintain his stature and he occasionally posts photos of himself in the gym on social media.
Other Facts You Need To Know About Jake Lacy
1. This young actor has gone through one of the most important rites of passage for an actor – appearing in a Shakespearean play. He appeared as Demetrius in Hartford Stage’s production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. He also appeared in the Oberon Theater Ensemble’s production of Much Ado About Nothing as Conrad.
2. He appeared in several episodes of the Guiding Light, the longest-running drama in television in American history before the show was canceled.
3. He nabbed a lead role in 2010’s Columbia thesis film C’est Moi. He later appeared in Balls Out, an independent sports comedy. He played the lead role of Caleb Fuller, who decides to reassemble an intramural football team that had been shut down earlier after one of its players ended up paralyzed.
4. He also appeared in the 2016 period dramedy, Their Finest, set in World War II. The movie premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival and was directed by Lone Scherfig.
5. He is presently a cast member of I’m Dying Up Here, a comedy television show on the Showtime network that follows the lives of young comedians in 1970s Los Angeles, as they try to become successful. The show also stars Melissa Leo, Ari Graynor, Clark Duke, Michael Angarano, and RJ Cyler.