In the early period of her career, Ophelia Lovibond was named by Nylon Magazine as one of the faces for the future in its Young Hollywood Issue. Many years down the line, the prophecy seems to have been fulfilled as the actress has done almost everything from movies to TV, as well as theatre and featuring in music videos.
An English actress, Ophelia started her career in 2000 and has since then appeared in close to 50 productions. She has become very famous for works such as Guardians of the Galaxy and the British comedy series W1A.
Ophelia Lovibond Biography
The actress was born Ophelia Lucy Lovibond in London, England, on February 19, 1986. It was in Shepherd’s Bush, London that she was brought up by her single mother who worked at Wormwood Scrubs prison as a counselor. There is no information as regards her father. Although she was raised with two biological siblings, there were other kids around that were also fostered by her mother.
Since she was a young child, she has not only exhibited her great love for acting, but also an intelligence that would get her a scholarship into Latymer Upper School, which is a private school in Hammersmith. In order to sharpen her acting skills, Lovibond went to youth drama club Young Blood Theatre Company, which is also in Hammersmith. Next, she went to the University of Sussex where she graduated with a first class honors in 2005 in English Literature.
Her professional acting career started when she was only 12 years old with the role of Poppy Wilson (David Bradley’s daughter) in the sitcom, The Wilsons. After this, she started taking some more juvenile roles until she got her scholarship.
In 2003, she had more TV roles with appearances in Single as Rachel Barton, The Bill as Carty Flint, and Loving You as Alice. Her resume has many more TV appearances with her most popular works as Holby City (2006 to 2007), Messiah (2008), FM (2008), Titanic: Blood & Steel (2012), Mr. Sloane (2014), W14 (2014 to 2017), Elementary (2014-2017), and Hooten & the Lady (2016). In 2019, she took the role of Emma Davies in Whiskey Cavalier.
Her first movie role was in Oliver Twist in 2005 and then in 2006 and 2007, she was in Crusade in Jeans and Popcorn respectively. By 2016 when she appeared in Gozo, The Autopsy of Jane Doe, and Tommy’s Honour, Ophelia Lovibond had already had many movie roles to her name including the 2014 Marvel film Guardians of the Galaxy as Carina and Thor: The Dark World (2013).
Facts About The Guardians of The Galaxy Actress
1. She has an accent: The actress can easily be confused for being brought up in a high-class setting because of her way of doing things and her accent which she said she picked from her parents and from her school where she got a scholarship.
2. She never wanted to go to drama school: Even as it may be hard to believe for someone with her kind of passion in acting, Lovibond did not want to go to drama school until she attended Latymer where the teaching inspired her.
3. Ophelia Lovibond lied to get her first role: The beautiful actress was only 12 when she landed her first role in The Wilsons. However, she claimed 14 in order to make it happen.
4. Dating history: With beauty and brains, the lovely Ophelia Lovibond could easily attract many men, but she has not been the busiest in the love arena. Still not married, she started a relationship with English actor and musician Tom Hughes back in 2011. The relationship started off pretty much on a fast foot as she soon moved to Hampstead with him. Although they kept their relationship very private, it is known that they remained very close until their love went cold; she was later dumped by the musician who began dating in 2016.
On her part, Ophelia has not revealed who she is dating. In fact, it is not known if she is seeing anyone at present.
5. Net Worth: The Guardians of the Galaxy actress has worked pretty hard over the years with appearances in almost everything including the theatre and music video. Thanks to that, Ophelia Lovibond has a net worth that is estimated at $2 million. She came by her fortune mostly from her acting career.
6. Height: Ophelia Lovibond is a woman who has beauty and grace to her side and good build. That said, she is not the tallest actress on any given day as she only has a height of 5 feet 2 inches (1.57 m).