The modeling world is one for the genetically blessed and Amerian model, Ali Michael fits well into that description. Ask her fans and they would tell you that she makes the bizarre look good. Her Instagram account is awash of bizarre-looking photos of the model, let’s just say her goofiness is one of her unique qualities. She’s had a splendid career which, however, hasn’t been without a fair share of bumps, but through it all, Ali Michael stands tall. Here is how life has been for Michael through the years.
Who is Ali Michael?
Ali was born Alexandra Nicole Michael on the 15th day of May 1990 in Colleyville, Texas where she was also raised. Ali developed a passion for modeling while attending Grapevine High School and decided to pursue it as a full-time career. At the age of 15, she left the school to begin modeling professionally.
Her career began right after she won the 2005 the Fashion!Dallas/Kim Dawson Model Search contest. She would later return to complete her high school education, graduating in May 2008. Ali Michael’s first modeling contract was in 2006 with DNA Models. Under the agency, she got to appear in an Italian Elle editorial.
Following a couple of jobs in New York, including her runway debut on the fall New York runway, Ali Michael relocated to New York City to focus on expanding her career. Before her move to New York, Michael got to travel to Europe for jobs – Marc Jacobs show in London and the fall Lanvin show in Paris. She then appeared in top magazines like W, Harper’s Bazaar, Teen Vogue and the French Revue de Modes.
Though she has described her relationship with New York City as a love-hate (which is totally understandable being that she’s originally a country girl), the city has been good to her. In February 2008, about a couple of years after she had begun her career, Ali Michael hit a bump – she was ejected from the Paris fashion week for having legs that were to plum. Apparently, the young model had gained just 5 pounds following a struggle with something that has sadly become commonplace for models – anorexia.
In the same month, Wall Street Journal made her experience the focus of their article entitled; “Wasn’t Skinny Supposed to Be Out of Fashion?” A couple of months later, Michael appeared on an episode of the Today Show where she narrated the plight models face in the industry from pressure to remain thin.
She threw lights on the scary experience she had from suffering from the eating disorder. In addition to anorexia, she was also diagnosed with another eating disorder termed bulimia nervosa. By September of 2008, Ali Michael got back in the saddle walking the spring Fashion Weeks in London, Milan, and Paris.
The eating disorder bump proved to be a blessing in disguise as Ali Michael quickly went on to achieve greater things. She booked a number of new contracts including a fragrance deal with Lanvin’s Jeanne Lanvin; the face of the new Anna Sui’s campaign, as well as contracts with Lord and Taylor, Gianfranco Ferre, and Coach, Inc.
Ali Michael’s career has since been soaring. She was named the Playboy Playmate of the month for July 2016. She has long signed with Next Management.
6 Quick Facts about the American Model
1. The brown-haired and blue-eyed model stands at 5 feet 10 inches tall. Her breast-waist-hips measurements according to her profile on ‘s official web page are; 33.5-24-36 (inches) – 78-60-87 (cm). She wears shoe size 9 (US)
2. She came under fire in November 2017 for posting what many perceived as “inappropriate” comments about under-aged Stranger Things star, . Alongside a photo of the then-14-year-old actor posted to her Instagram account, Michael wrote: “call me in 4 years time.” It was seen as paedophilic by many causing Michael to apologize to what she intended as a mere joke.
3. Ali Michael runs a lesser-known Instagram account with the name @ffrankcadillac where she posts very weird things (like bruises and bloody legs) that would be wrongfully perceived if it were to be posted on her main account.
4. Michael is in a relationship with a certain Marcel Castenmiler whom .
5. Horseback riding is one of her favorite things to do
6. She was a one-time vegan.