Haley Reinhart is an American singer and voice actress who is voicing for Bill Murphy in the Netflix animation series, F Is for Family. Although she has been singing since 2009, it was until 2011 that she became widely known thanks to her appearance in American Idol’s tenth season where she ended in the third place. From then on she has kept growing in her career. Let’s dig a little deeper into her life – personal and professional – to see all the details we can find.
Haley Reinhart Biography
The singer was born Haley Elizabeth Reinhart on September 9, 1990, in Wheeling, Illinois. Her parents, Patti Miller-Reinhart and Harry Reinhart were lovers of rock-and-roll, classic pop, funk, jazz, and the blues, and were both members of the rock band, Midnight.
Of German, Italian, and Irish descent, she was brought up alongside a sister, Angela who is also a singer-songwriter and musician. Both of them have been influenced into music by their parents with whom Haley sang on stage even before she turned 10. Apart from that, she has also been a lover of poetry, something she has been writing since she was little.
For her education, Reinhart went to Mark Twain Elementary School, and then O.W. Holmes Middle School, before later attending Wheeling High School where she joined the vocal group, Midnight Blues.
Since she was in middle school, she was seen as someone who was most likely going to be on the American Idol. True to this, she made it to the tenth season of the show having failed to advance in the ninth season. Although she did not win, she gave a good account of herself and ended up the third spot on the show. More so, the singer who was 20 years old at the time was also the only contestant with 6 videos which had over a million views on YouTube.
During the show, she got the support of notable celebrities such as , Jimmy Page, , , , and even .
Her musical career began in earnest in 2011 after her eviction from the Idols with a contract from Interscope Records. More so, she had some performances after the show before going on to release an EP which debuted on the Billboard 200 in the 37th position. It sold 14,000 copies.
Haley Reinhart released her debut album Listen Up! In 2012 debuting on the Billboard 200 in the 17th position while peaking 52 on the Canadian Albums Chart. Her next album, Better was released in 2016 and then What’s That Sound? Was released in 2017. Already, she is working on her fourth studio album.
Apart from her musical career which is quite successful, she has also found her way around as a voice actress since 2015 with her role in the animated comedy, F Is for
There is hardly anyone who can deny the fact that considering how far Haley Reinhart has risen, she is a highly talented and hardworking individual. With that said, she has a generous net worth that has been estimated at over $1.5 million to her name. The singer has made her fortune mainly from her career as a singer and voice actress.
Family and Celebrity Facts
As already pointed out, the singer is from a musically inclined family that is also well-bonded. Her parents, Patti Miller-Reinhart and Harry Reinhart are native Chicagoans and her sister who is five years younger than her, is as stated, also a musician who is primarily known as an indie folk music performer. Here are some quick facts about the celebrity:
1. At the age of 9, she took the stage and sang LeAnn Rimes’ “Blue” at a tattoo convention to the delight of the audience. This is an experience that she has not come to forget.
2. Before auditioning for American Idol, Haley worked at the Family Aquatic Center as a lifeguard. It was four years after working at the water park that she went on the show.
3. Her “Can’t Help Falling in Love” is used as a soundtrack for Extra Gum ad; “The Story of Sarah and Juan.” The song has gotten more than 57 million streams on Spotify.
4. Reinhart has been said to be in a number of relationships in the past. In 2011, she was rumored to have dated Stefano Langone and Casey Abrams. For now, there is no news on who she is seeing.
5. Not the tallest person you will find on a stage, she has a height of 5 feet 2 feet (1.57 m) and a body weight of 55 kg (121 lb).