The talented frisky dancer May J Lee is undoubtedly one of the personalities striving to keep South Korea on the map. The South Korean dancer has made a name for herself in the entertainment industry through her intriguing exploits. She is also a trainer and a dance instructor and has had her presence duly felt at the reputable 1Million Dance Studio which has produced many popular dance talents across the country. For someone who started dancing at a very young age, dancing has never felt like work but rather a hobby for Lee.
Lee exudes so much tenacity and passion as a dancer and has won the hearts of her very many fans. It would be interesting to find out more about the ace dancer. Here is everything you need to know.
May J Lee – Biography (Age)
She was born on May 17, 1988, in Seoul, South Korea. Dance has always been a way of life for May J Lee as she started from a very young age to nurture her inclination towards the art. Dancing at home was never enough for Lee, this passion of hers, pushed her to study dancing at the university.
She took practical dancing as her main course at the Baekje Art University and after her graduation, took her dreams to the next level. Wanting to master all the tricks, she was heavily involved in street dancing as well as dance battles and was very popular for that. Her excellence in the streets caught the attention of several stakeholders who became interested in her craft. Lee soon joined a professional tap dance team owned by her professor in school.
She danced for the team and also continued with street dancing. Lee became a full-fledged dancer and participated in lots of dance competitions. Three years into her professional career, she sustained some injuries on her feet. This caused Lee to soft-pedal in order to relieve her body a little bit. She then began teaching dance. This lasted for a while before May shifted to choreography. Lee consciously took this path and made the most out of it.
May J Lee has choreographed for various popular artists including , , , and many others. She was part of the dancers for Work by Rihanna, That Girl by Timberlake, Worth it by Fifth Harmony and many other awesome music videos.
From choreography, May J Lee decided to broaden her horizon as the years went by. With the world evolving, she decided it was right to evolve in her career too. In 2013, Lee decided to go digital with the rest of the world and created a YouTube channel ‘May J Lee.’ She posted several videos of her choreography exploits on the channel and gradually attracted viewers and subscribers.
While at this, she became a part of the reputable 1Million Studio the following year. She joined as a dance instructor and choreographer and together with the company, she has churned out several professional dancers. May J Lee has embarked on several projects with the company. Some of them include a collaboration with Nike for its ‘Women’s Revolution’ video where she performed advertising the new Nike shoes.
Other Facts about the South Korean Dancer
1. May J Lee’s slim and strong body build enables her to move and swing her body. She stands at a height of 5 feet 3 inches proportional to her weight of 50 kg. The talented dancer has her body stats measured as 30-23-30 inches.
2. There is no information on her personal life as the dancer keeps it very private. More so, she has not made an appearance with the opposite sex to the extent that it sparks dating rumors or speculations.
3. As an instructor at 1Million Dance Studio, she features in a whole lot of K-Pop dance videos. As a matter of fact, she is one of the first dancers whose face and moves have graced the fast-growing K-Pop platform.
4. According to May J Lee, one of her best performances is her choreography for Fifth Harmony’s Worth it. The dance which was eight minutes long garnered tons of views amounting to over 50 million on the internet.
5. She has been seen in a couple of dance videos with fellow 1Million Studio member and ace dancer Eunho Kim.