In case you are searching for the best Star Wars quotes (and by this, we mean quotes from the three Star Wars movies), then you are in the right place. It’s been more than four decades since Star Wars released its first movie in franchise, inspiring a generation of moviegoers, and until now, the world built by George Lucas in his mind is still as relevant as it was when the first Star Wars movie was made. With a plot that focuses on the victory of good over evil and the tragic fall and subsequent salvation of a hero, the movie franchise has so become a part of our culture that it will be impossible to disentangle the two.
There is hardly anyone who has never seen a Star Wars film or encountered something from it via quotations or references but in case you are one of such few people who have not, relax as we introduce you to the world of these enthralling films through some of the most memorable Star Wars quotes.
100+ Best Star Wars Quotes From Your Famous Star Wars Movies
1. May the Force be with you. – General Dodonna.
2. Never tell me the odds! – Han Solo.
3. If they follow standard Imperial procedure, they’ll dump their garbage before they go to light speed. Then we just… float away. “…With the rest of the garbage.”
4. He certainly has courage. “…Yeah, but what good is that if he gets himself killed?.”
5. Hmph! Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless!– Yoda.
6. It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs. I’ve outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers, mind you. I’m talking about the big Corellian ships, now. She’s fast enough for you, old man. – Han Solo.
7. You will know when you are calm, at peace, passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack. – Yoda.
8. Now, young Skywalker, you will die. – Emperor Palpatine.
9. I’m just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. – Jango Fett.
10. To die for one’s people is a great sacrifice. To live for one’s people, an even greater sacrifice. I choose to live for my people. – Riyo Chuchi.
11. The ability to speak does not make you intelligent, now get out of here.– Qui-Gon Jinn.
12. Well, you said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake. “…I take it back!.”
13. I never doubted you! Wonderful!
14. I’ll never turn to the dark side. You’ve failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me. – Luke Skywalker.
15. Now, witness the power of this fully operational battle station.– The Emperor.
16. We shall double our efforts! – Moff Jerjerrod.
17. We seem to be made to suffer. It’s our lot in life. – C-3PO
18. Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper? – Leia Organa.
19. What if I told you that the Republic was now under the control of a Dark Lord of the Sith? – Count Dooku.
20. I suggest a new strategy, Artoo: Let the Wookiee win. – C-3PO.
21. The Force will be with you. Always. – Obi-Wan Kenobi.
22. You do have your moments. Not many, but you have them. – Princess Leia.
23. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. …We must be cautious.
24. Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.
25. I assure you, Lord Vader. My men are working as fast as they can. – Moff Jerjerrod.
26. What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we’ve been fighting to destroy? – Padme Amidala.
27. I find your lack of faith disturbing. – Darth Vader.
28. Just for once, let me look on you with my own eyes. – Anakin Skywalker.
29. Sorry about the mess. – Han Solo.
30. You are the Chosen One. You have brought balance to this world. Stay on this path, and you will do it again for the galaxy. But beware your heart. – The Father.
31. Your weapon… you will not need it. – Yoda.
32. Don’t worry about Master Luke. I’m sure he’ll be all right. He’s quite clever, you know… for a human being. – C-3PO.
33. Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!
34. Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken, about a great many things. – The Emperor.
35. I’m one with the Force, and the Force is with me. – Chirrut Imwe.
36. Great, kid! Don’t get cocky. – Han Solo.
37. When you look at the dark side, careful you must be… for the dark side looks back. – Yoda.
38. In time, the suffering of your people will persuade you to see our point of view. – Nute Gunray.
39. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. – Chancellor Palpatine.
40. Remember, my dear Obi-Wan. I’ve loved you always. I always will. – Duchess Satine Kryze.
41. Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease! – C-3PO.
42. Now, witness the power of this fully operational battle station.
43. No reward is worth this.
44. Women always figure out the truth. Always. – Han Solo.
45. I can fix this. – Poe Dameron.
46. I fear nothing. For all is as the Force wills it. – Chirrut Imwe.
47. He’s the brains, sweetheart! – Han Solo.
48. You can’t stop the change, any more than you can stop the suns from setting.” – Shmi Skywalker.
49. Power! Unlimited power! – Darth Sidious.
50. The Sith killed each other, victims of their own greed. But from the ashes of their destruction, I was the last survivor. I chose to pass my knowledge on to only one. I created a legacy so resilient that now you come before me. – Darth Bane.
51. Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way? – Princess Leia.
52. …Scoundrel. I like that.
53. I happen to like… nice men.
54. There’s always a bigger fish. – Qui-Gon Jinn, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
55. There is no escape! Don’t make me destroy you. Luke, you do not yet realize your importance. You’ve only begun to discover your power! – Darth Vader.
56. I’m standing by as you requested, although there’s a problem on the horizon. There’s no horizon. – K-2SO.
57. The strongest stars have hearts of kyber. – Chirrut Imwe.
58. Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you. – Yoda.
59. You are unwise to lower your defenses! – Darth Vader.
60. That is why you fail. – Yoda (Yoda replied to Luke’s phrase “I don’t believe it.”).
61. Either shut him up or shut him down!– Han Solo.
62. The Sith took everything from me. Ripped me from my mother’s arms, murdered my brother, used me as a weapon, and then cast me aside. Abandoned me. Once, I had power — now I have nothing. – Maul.
63. We would be honored if you would join us.
64. Laugh it up, fuzzball! – Han Solo.
65. Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director.– Darth Vader.
66. But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!” – Luke Skywalker.
67. Do. Or do not. There is no try. – Yoda.
68. Well, if droids could think, there’d be none of us here, would there?– Obi-Wan Kenobi.
69. So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause. – Padmé Amidala.
70. The Sith took everything from me. Ripped me from my mother’s arms, murdered my brother, used me as a weapon, and then cast me aside. Abandoned me. Once, I had power — now I have nothing. – Maul.
71. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope. – Leia Organa.
72. Every time I walked away from something I wanted to forget, I told myself it was for a cause that I believed in. A cause that was worth it. Without that, we’re lost. – Cassian Andor.
73. If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing. – Obi-Wan Kenobi.
74. You don’t have to do this to impress me. – Princess Leia.
75. You know, no matter how much we fought, I’ve always hated watching you leave. – Leia Organa.
76. I have lived long enough to see the same eyes in different people. – Maz Kanata.
77. When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be. The Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned. – Yoda.
78. Truly wonderful the mind of a child is. – Yoda.
79. I want to come with you to Alderaan. There’s nothing for me here now. I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father. – Luke Skywalker.
80. This holiday is yours, where we all share with you the hope that this day brings us closer to freedom and to harmony and to peace. No matter how different we appear, we’re all the same in our struggle against the powers of evil and darkness. I hope that this day will always be a day of joy, in which we can reconfirm our dedication and our courage. And more than anything else, our love for one another. This is the promise of the Tree of Life. – Princess Leia.
81. You look absolutely beautiful. You truly belong here with us among the clouds. – Lando (to Leia).
82. Who’s the more foolish; the fool, or the fool who follows him? – Obi-Wan Kenobi.
83. …Boring conversation anyway. Luke! We’re gonna have company! – Han Solo.
84. He is as clumsy as he is stupid. General, prepare your troops for a surface attack. – Darth Vader.
85. Someone has to save our skins. Into the garbage chute, fly boy. – Princess Leia.
86. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. – Yoda.
87. Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? – Yoda.
88. We must keep our faith in the Republic. The day we stop believing democracy can work is the day we lose it. – Queen Jamillia.
89. She may not look like much, but she’s got it where it counts, kid. – Han Solo.
90. Governor Tarkin, I should’ve expected to find you holding Vader’s leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board. – Leia Organa.
91. I think I just blasted it. – Luke Skywalker.
92. Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one, a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. …Hmm? On what he was doing.
93. Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. – Han Solo.
94. Wait. Oh my! What have you done? I’m backward. You flea-bitten furball! Only an overgrown mop-head like you would be stupid enough to… – C-3PO.
95. Same thing I always do: talk my way out of it. – Han Solo.
96. If we can make it to the ground, we’ll take the next chance. And the next. On and on until we win… or the chances are spent. – Jyn Erso.
97. You don’t need to see his identification… These aren’t the droids you’re looking for. – Obi-Wan Kenobi.
98. If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. – Obi-Wan Kenobi.
99. You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you. – Obi-Wan Kenobi.
100. An object cannot make you good or evil. The temptation of power, forbidden knowledge, even the desire to do good can lead some down that path. But only you can change yourself. – Bendu.
101. I am no Jedi. – Ahsoka Tano.
102. I’m one with the Force. The Force is with me.” – Chirrut Îmwe.
103. I wouldn’t be nice to you. It doesn’t pay much. – Han Solo.
104. Hmm! Adventure. Hmmpf! Excitement. A Jedi craves not these things.