Allison Munn is an American actress known for her role in Fox’s critically acclaimed hit series That 70’s Show, in which she played Caroline Dupree – a friend of one of the main characters, who are very paranoid and jealous and often threatens his girlfriends out of unfounded fear that they would steal him from her. The character often resorted to insane theatrics just to make sure that her boyfriend was faithful.
She is also known for her role as Tina Haven in What I Like About You, a sitcom in The WB that follows the ups and downs in the lives of two sisters – Valerie and Holly, played by Jennie Garth and Amanda Bynes respectively.
Allison also appeared as Lauren in One Tree Hill; but she’s perhaps best known for her role in Nickelodeon’s Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn, where she played the mother of the title characters.
Allison is also very involved with “Rock The Vote”, a non-profit organization that actively encourages people to register to vote as part of the democratic system.
Allison Munn Bio & Age
Allison Munn was born on October 7, 1974, in Columbia, South Carolina, as the daughter of Nadine and Russell Munn. She attended AC Flora High School in Forest Acres, South Carolina. Other notable graduates of the school are Kristin Davis (from Sex and The City) and Scott Holroyd.
She later attended the College of Charleston before moving to New York. During her stay in New York, she performed in the classic off-Broadway show The Fantasticks.
Allison continued to audition for small roles in feature films, including a 2002 role in White Oleander starring Robin Wright-Penn, Michelle Pfeiffer, Renee Zellweger, and Alison Lohman. She also starred in 2005 in Elizabethtown, a romantic tragicomedy starring Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom.
Her big breakthrough came when she got a lead role in the WB sitcom “What I Like About You”. Allison remained on the show until it ended on April 24, 2006.
The actress also had a recurring role on That 70’s show as the girlfriend of one of the main characters, Fez, played by Wilmer Valderrama. She later joined the cast of Carpoolers, a short-lived comedy on ABC, and later had a recurring role in One Tree Hill.
In 2014 Allison Munn was cast as Anne Harper in Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn.
Family: Husband & Children
In 2004, Allison began dating Scott Holroyd – a fellow actor and childhood friend. The two got engaged in December 2006 in Paris and got married almost a year later, on November 17, 2007, in Charleston, South Carolina.
The couple has two children together – a son, Nathan, born in 2011, and a daughter, Nora, born in 2015. The family currently lives in Los Angeles and has a Pet Terrier named Buster Keaton.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
Like most celebrities in Hollywood, the actress has to stay in shape. She weighs 51 kg, which is perfect for her height – 5 ft 3 in. She maintains her figure by exercising regularly and paying attention to what she eats, eating mainly proteins and vegetables.
As a mother of two, running after her children can be training in itself.
Other Interesting Facts
1. In the film What I Like About You, she played the best friend of Amanda Bynes’ character. Her role, Tina Haven, was the same age as Amanda’s Holly, but in reality, Allison is eleven years older than Amanda.
2. The actress currently has a considerable net worth of $2 million due to her numerous film and television roles. Considering that she has been acting since 1999, we can say that this amount is well deserved.
3. She is known for her fun-loving personality She is also a fan of adventure and spends time with her family.
4. Allison Munn graduated from the College of Charleston. Other notable graduates include Erick Avari, Matt Czuchry, Jennifer Ferrin, Thomas Gibson, and Orlando Jones.
5. Being born on October 7 makes her a Libra. She shares her birthday with several celebrities including Simon Cowell, Toni Braxton, Kira Kosarin, John Mellencamp, Joy Behar, Holland Roden, Alesha Dixon, Amber Stevens West, Nicole Ari Parker, Jake McLaughlin and even Desmond Tutu and Vladimir Putin.