Think of Jackie Braasch as the street racing version of American race car driver Danica Patrick, who has made history in the IndyCar Series race. Braasch enjoys racing strictly on the streets and is doing so at a strong level, having competed in many coveted street racing competitions. However, despite her strong level of participation in street racing, she was of little importance to the media until she began a romantic relationship with her fellow, yet more popular street car racer, Justin Shearer aka The Big Chief, who himself became prominent after he began appearing in the Discovery Channel show, Street Outlaws.
Here are all the things you’ve always wanted to know about the female street car racer.
Jackie Braasch Biography (Age)
Jackie Braasch seems to have a lot of similarities with The Big Chief; first of all, they both hail from racing families and began racing as kids. She is an 80’s baby who was born exactly on the 4th of June in Joliet, Illinois.
Her father whose name is unknown is a hardcore lover of all things motorsports. From when he was a young boy, he started working on race cars as he raced on the tracks himself. So when his daughter was born, there was definitely no way she was escaping her motorsport-awash environment. From when she was a toddler, her father would take her to the garage where he was either building or fixing a car. As Jackie herself would later come to reveal, the year she was born was when her father began building his 1985 Chevy Camaro.
As Jackie Braasch grew older, so did her love for motorsports grow. At 8 years old, she joined the junior dragsters, thus beginning her street racing career and she has since never looked back. She won many races at the junior dragsters and naturally progressed to the next levels.
Over the years, Braasch has come to be a regular competitor in the Super Pro, Rockett Brand Race Fuel Bracket Series. The series which is held in her hometown of Joliet is on the Route 66 Raceway. Her choice of car for her races is a Spitzer Dragster with a 510ci Big Block Chevy.
Braasch doesn’t race independently but as an official member of the Car Chix. Her impressive track record granted her the opportunity to be part of the top women’s motorsports organization on precisely the 1st of May 2015 and she has since continued to race with them.
As a member of Car Chix, Jackie Braasch has lent her voice to encourage the involvement of more women in motorsports. She also advocates generally for women, encouraging them to become whatever it is they want to become, pursuing their passion with determination, and proving doubters wrong.
Other Facts About The Car Racer
• In addition to car racing, Jackie Braasch has also worked as a preschool teacher.
• She is a lover of dogs and owns a couple.
• Braasch has at least two sisters – Erin Braasch and Tina Bucaro (nee Braasch) who are both actively involved in motorsports. Tina works primarily in the garage; fixing and building cars.
• Jackie’s entire family has never missed a weekend without working on the race tracks or garage.
• Before joining Car Chix in 2015, Jackie Braasch finished among the top 12 finalists at the 2014 Car Chix Women of Motorsports Contest where there were a total of 398 entries from around the world. This feat was what qualified her for a place in the “premier motorsports organization for women”; as Car Chix refers to itself.
• Braasch in the eyes of many is seen as a homewrecker as Justin Shearer was still officially married to his first wife and mother of his two boys (Cobrin Shearer and Covil Shearer) Alicia when he started dating her. Alicia later filed for divorce, giving room for Braasch to fully stake her claim as Shearer’s girl. The Big Chief later revealed on his show, The Chief and Shawn show, that his girlfriend and ex-wife were getting along well.
• In the wake of her romantic affair with The Big Chief, Jackie Braasch sort of vanished from social media. Her Instagram account has long been deactivated.